"Jade Empire" or "God of War"?

Which should I get?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• Jade Empire
    • God of War

Well, I'm debating between getting one of these. Both look really, really cool, but I'm not sure which one to get. "God of War" looks to be a great action game, whereas "Jade Empire" looks to be a great action/RPG game. I really loved "Fable," which is why JE looks really cool, but GoW looks damn cool too.

What do y'all think?

God of War.

I finally just beat it this week, the game was a masterpiece. It has everything, visuals, music, story, controls, and gratuitous nudity. I was suprised that SECA could put out a complete package like this. The only downside to this is that some people say the game was not long enough, but I thought it was plenty and making it longer would just drag out the game and get boring. I definitely will be first in line for the sequal if they make one just as good as this because I thought it was the best PS2 game yet.

God of War was short. I had it beat on the normal difficulty in 9 hours. But! it was also one of the greatest action/adventure games I've played on this gen of consoles. Haven't played Jade Empire yet, but with God of War you really can't go wrong.

Jade Empire. Just finished it 15 min ago and it was wholly awesome. Everything. Graphics, Sound, Story, Control, etc. The environment is beautiful all throughout the chinese setting. Cherry blossoms, soft lit lamps, overhanging trees and structure through the Imperial City. Excellent

Sound is excellent as well. I wish they would release a soundtrack to it. Everything clicks in perfectly with the setting of Jade Empire.

Story. Wow. Full of twists and everything. Different stories as well with different characters. I loved it. I was fully immersed into it the whole time. Dialogue and voice acting was great throughout the game. Bioware is known for their excellent RPGs. Get it.

Combat and the control is really the gem of Jade Empire. The many different martial styles that you can choose/buy, as well as weapons..staffs, swords, dual swords, ..LEAPING TIGER! (wolverine style baby!). Simply awesome. I really lusted for fighting all through it and bioware delivered. 10x better than Kotor1/2. Oh yes, forgot about magic styles. Hell yes. DIfferent moves that use chi(magic) are great. Fire, ice, different transformations...excellent.

As you can see, I loved this game. I'm surely going to play it again with a different character(started out as the monk) and following. You can choose between Open Palm(good) or Closed Fist(bad). I chose open palm the first time and Im going through closed fist now. Replayability is 10/10 in this.

Overall, I would rate this game a 9.6/10. (Y)

Jade Empire was great. Just playing it you can tell that it was made by Bioware and I think they are the only company that I will always buy there games everytime they release one. The quality of their games is amazing.

I love bioware so much that I was really disappointed that they decided not to do KOTOR 2 and let Obsidian do it but if they did do KOTOR 2 then Jade Empire wouldn't have come out when it did.

I would guess that Bioware is well on their way with creating a next gen xbox 360 title and I will buy it over any other game that comes out at the same time.

I have both games and I have to say God of War.

Two completely different types of games - but God of War is one of those kind of games you show to pimp your console to someone when you want to impress them.

Both are sweet games. If you are looking for longevity, i would go with jade empire. I dont' think you can go wrong with either pick though