Aero style

After I received resources from my old friend, OldeCrow, I started porting Aero style VS using Jade as base theme (It's almost same, huh?). Looks like I could go this far for 2 hrs (It's 4AM now and I need to sleep before midnight) I'll work on this again about evening (next 12hrs) because I have to visit my someone's house to fix up her PC. :blush:

27/04/2005

Today I decided to open beta testing. Now you can try this VS and report me about things to change and things to fix. I can't install LH5048 in my own PC so please help me find parts to change that will make theme looks closer to real Aero. Please also post some useful screenshots below so I can see how to work on it.

To extract file. rename the extension to rar and open it.

To get it, Get Longhorn Visual Styles Pack 2.0 here.

To do list for next release (Just thinking about these ones right now)

-Change maximized captionbar to darker ones from original udwm.dll file

-Move shellstyle to left or right (perhaps)

-Switch startbutton to full picture mode (say bye bye to custom flag mod and non-English startbutton text)

post-23644-1115452461_thumb.jpg

Edited by Windows X

Unless of course microsoft have once again been robbed absolutely blind...

But none of us would ever do that :p

Btw, Windows X nice theme, you did it so dam fast my brain cannot even percieve its existance yet :rofl:

+kgraphik

I remove that text box from the control panel app so it doesnt show at all, and it has more to do with people being able to create a product key from the serial than anything else

+kgraphik

I remove that text box from the control panel app so it doesnt show at all, and it has more to do with people being able to create a product key from the serial than anything else

585829567[/snapback]

Ah ok. :)

Looks like I have only an hour before leaving. Here's current progress. (Looks for enough for release but I'll take more look at it later)

post-23644-1114481414_thumb.jpg

Windows X

Will the fonts from the LH 5048 Aero Theme be included in your theme? Since this Longhorn build has a new code base can anything be done with the toolbars to add them to XP?

This is looking very nice WindowsX, keep up the good work. I've always admired your creations.

EDIT: Oh, any estimate on a release (not rushing you of course though)

Edited by Chsoriano