AIM Triton beta 0.1.12

04/25 - Welcome to the AIM? Triton Beta test.

This phase of the Beta test (Beta 1) is Windows XP only. We recommend that the software be installed on a machine with at least 256 MB of RAM.

The current build of the AIM Triton beta software is Version 0.1.12, and the main features of this release are:

* A modernized appearance and enhanced usability

* Address Book and Buddy List integration

* Support for multi-party voice chat.

http://beta.aol.com/projects/tritonbeta/index.html?

Love the new interface + tabs + addy book.

i only hope that they..

+make better emoticons to match the new appearance

+more fonts to choose from for instant messaging

+logging

other than that, it's pretty nice, cept it has all thoes damn aol processes..

can you guys provide screenshots? of the buddy list, preferences, buddy info and buddy im windows? would be greeeeat. lol im hoping the client gets less bloated, the ads and space wasted on the newest versions suck!

First impression... disappointed.

They did manage to revamp it pretty well. But once I saw that signature AIM ad on the list, I almost puked. Theres got to be a way they can put adverts in there, without looking that ugly.

Edited by f0rbez

Some shots:

post-5416-1114470137_thumb.jpg

Signon

post-5416-1114470143_thumb.jpg

Buddy List

post-5416-1114470153_thumb.jpg

Preferences

post-5416-1114470148.png

Starting an IM (note that it shows the away message)

post-5416-1114470159.png

An open IM

post-5416-1114470530.png

Tabbed IMs

post-5416-1114470535_thumb.jpg

Address book

Looks nice to me :)

if i were u guys id look at the ram usage from it, everyone who is using it is reporting high ram usage, its even used 100mb of my ram.. but its still first beta, hope they fix it :)

Wow, I just tried it out and they are DEFINITELY going in the right direction. It's a little odd navigating around the new UI, but it's got the simplistic but not beauty to it that msn completely messed up.

if i were u guys id look at the ram usage from it, everyone who is using it is reporting high ram usage, its even used 100mb of my ram.. but its still first beta, hope they fix it :)

585829340[/snapback]

It's most likely got debug symbols enabled, so RAM usage will be bloated. When the compile it under a release profile, it should go back down a bit.

It looks pretty good in my opinion, although the big ad in the buddylist is still there..

It also lacks some features, but I'm sure they will add them later on, after all, it is just a beta...

Hey just found something, try saying

:)

and look at the effect..

Edited by whcodered