Burn DVD

Hey everyone.. I may be dumb for asking this but i have some dvd's ripped onto my pc, and I'm going to do a reformat soon and I was wondering is there a way to burn them to DVD-R or CD-R.. I don't have a dvd burnter.. i got a dvd rom though. and a Cd-rw of course.. Is there a way to bypass it with a program or something... and if not is there a way i can compress the files small enough to burn it on a regular cd-r. thanks all

xx

No, a DVD is around 7 times the size of a CD, and no compression will sink a dvd movie down to that size.

Unless you re-encode the file at a much lower bitrate, then it'll fit onto the CD but at a lower quality.

You can encode it to AVI and put on CD but quality will be reduced. I don't have a lot of experience going from DVD to AVI, but I've seen some that you can't tell much difference at all and some that really suck. Depends on program used to do conversion I believe. www.doom9.org for more info. Also might try www.cdfreaks.com

Visit your nearest comptuer store and buy a new DVD burner. They are so cheap those days, even broke people can buy one. Or instead a Hard drive to use as a slave drive. If you can't really avoid. Borrow one from a friend.

Use WinRAR to split it up into 700MB chunks and back those up onto your CD-R discs. After reformatting, use WinRAR again to splice them back together.