My crackpot Microsoft/Nintendo theory!

Posting this because I figure it might be amusing to some people.

I think (well, sorta think, anyway) that there is no such thing as the Nintendo Revolution. Rather, the Revolution is merely a code name, a red herring, for what the real surprise is going to be: a Nintendo buyout by Microsoft. Here's the "evidence":

1. Nintendo has been less-than-forthcoming with details concerning the Revolution. They keep saying that they don't want competitors to steal their ideas. They're saying this because there really is no system and they don't wanna start saying things concerning something that doesn't exist. Also, it's a bit of a pun since they, themselves, are being "stolen" by Microsoft, and we all know how fond the Japanese are of puns.

2. The new Xbox is called the XBOX360. 360. 360 degrees. A complete revolution. The Nintendo Revolution. Need I say more?

3. Microsoft has already accquired Rare. Rare's best stuff was when they had access to the Nintendo franchises. By having access to those again, it means more great games, which means more money for Nintendo, Microsoft, and Rare.

4. Yamauchi is retiring, and he would've probably been the main opponent to the buyout since he's been working for the company for 50 years. With him out of the way, Nintendo has the opportunity to move forward.

So, what do y'all think? Pretty clever, huh? :laugh:

Posting this because I figure it might be amusing to some people.

I think (well, sorta think, anyway) that there is no such thing as the Nintendo Revolution. Rather, the Revolution is merely a code name, a red herring, for what the real surprise is going to be: a Nintendo buyout by Microsoft. Here's the "evidence":

1. Nintendo has been less-than-forthcoming with details concerning the Revolution. They keep saying that they don't want competitors to steal their ideas. They're saying this because there really is no system and they don't wanna start saying things concerning something that doesn't exist. Also, it's a bit of a pun since they, themselves, are being "stolen" by Microsoft, and we all know how fond the Japanese are of puns.

2. The new Xbox is called the XBOX360. 360. 360 degrees. A complete revolution. The Nintendo Revolution. Need I say more?

3. Microsoft has already accquired Rare. Rare's best stuff was when they had access to the Nintendo franchises. By having access to those again, it means more great games, which means more money for Nintendo, Microsoft, and Rare.

4. Yamauchi is retiring, and he would've probably been the main opponent to the buyout since he's been working for the company for 50 years. With him out of the way, Nintendo has the opportunity to move forward.

So, what do y'all think? Pretty clever, huh?  :laugh:

585839777[/snapback]

1. Nintendo is the most tight lipped company about anything they make. If you are suprised by this then you have never paid attention to them before.

2. The Nintendo Revolution is not its final name. Just like the Nintendo Dolphin it is only the code name for the project.

3. Microsoft has squander Rare. And whatever talent Rare had has left. Nintendo will never be a third party developer get over it. There is no reason why they would stop making consoles or handhelds. If you have any information that shows Nintendo is in some sort of financial trouble, by all means share.

4. Uh Yamauchi stepped down 3 years ago, where have you been?

This is the worst theory I have ever read in my life.

Maybe it is true and that is why Microsoft haven't bothered with the handheld market.

585840143[/snapback]

Or maybe the Xbox was such a financial loss for them that they didn't want to get into the handheld market and lose even more money...

1.  Nintendo is the most tight lipped company about anything they make.  If you are suprised by this then you have never paid attention to them before.

2.  The Nintendo Revolution is not its final name.  Just like the Nintendo Dolphin it is only the code name for the project.

3.  Microsoft has squander Rare.  And whatever talent Rare had has left.  Nintendo will never be a third party developer get over it.  There is no reason why they would stop making consoles or handhelds.  If you have any information that shows Nintendo is in some sort of financial trouble, by all means share.

4.  Uh Yamauchi stepped down 3 years ago, where have you been?

This is the worst theory I have ever read in my life.

585840083[/snapback]

Haha, don't get your panties in a wad, it was just a joke! ;)

Ill eat my hat, my two cats, my computer, my skateboard, and 6 human babys if what you said turns out to be true.

585839821[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. MS is good at buying out everyone who is in their way or taking up a share of the profits... Want salt with that skateboard?

I forget where, but I recall the CEO of Nintendo saying something a couple of years back to the effect of: The day Nintendo stops making hardware is the day Nintendo steps down from the video game industry altogether.

Therefore, unlikely your theories, however crackpot-ish, will happen.

It would be nice in some ways but bad in others. I'm really glad they are two seperate companies though. Allows for more competition.

Ill eat my hat, my two cats, my computer, my skateboard, and 6 human babys if what you said turns out to be true.

585839821[/snapback]

not that i think it would happen, but if it did... remember to webcam it so we can see it.

wooooot i <3 nintendo

i dont believe the theory, it was fun reading it though

Nintendo's reason for not showing the revolution at e3

when xbox360 and ps3 are acting hella cool, right before they release, nintendo is going to be like, bam

revolution pwnage

Haha Nintendo should quit. N64 was good as was their older/classic systems but Gamecube just blows (IMO). They wont ever own again. The battle will continue with Sony VS Microsoft and in the end Sony will prevail.

Haha Nintendo should quit. N64 was good as was their older/classic systems but Gamecube just blows (IMO). They wont ever own again. The battle will continue with Sony VS Microsoft and in the end Sony will prevail.

585852438[/snapback]

Nintendo's problem is that most of the people that have grown up with the NES (like myself) have gone onto more advanced/realistic games. While Mario and Zelda continue to look better and better with each new system, Nintendo has to do more than pump out graphically better Mario Karts and Zelda games that are more cartoonish in nature. I think the Gamecube would've been better with a standard DVD drive, people criticize Sony for being proprietary, Nintendo isn't much better.

585852438[/snapback]

Well...Sony might never make it to that day beacuse they may go broke first. But MS never looses.

But MS never looses.

585853001[/snapback]

MS Bob, need i say more. :rolleyes:

As for this thread, shouldn't it be in Area 51. :laugh: