Xbox Original Controller

I've been told that I'm seeing things. I don't believe that.

For a while, I always took it for granted that the original (fat) xbox controller was black. I never even considered it was anything other. Recently, I noticed that in certain lights, mainly direct sunlight, it appears to be a very dark green. This is also true of the Live communicator plug-in. I'm just curious if anyone else has happened to notice this, so that I can put some naysayer in their place....or maybe see an optometrist.

I'm well aware this thread is quite asinine to most people, but I figured this would be as good a place as any to seek out a public opinion.

the xbox is green, the controller is green, the headset is green... just needs the correct light to see it.

585975013[/snapback]

You're all seeings things! :happy:

-Emily

yup, it took me like 3 years to realize this, but everything is green....

585975100[/snapback]

I... feel left out, now :(

-Emily

I only noticed the cords are greenish and on the xbox communicator but I have fairly bright light and I can't see the other green parts you are mentioning

I only noticed the cords are greenish and on the xbox communicator but I have fairly bright light and I can't see the other green parts you are mentioning

585975222[/snapback]

Yes, I've noticed the cord, too. But, 2 inches from my nose, everything still looks black to me! That is exactly why I said that he's seeing things :)

-Emily

yesterday i noticed this on my friends xbox. i always kinda thought it was green, but his window was open and it was REALLY sunny and it shone (sp?) on his xbox and yeah everyhting is really dark green. Looks good tho :)

All of them are green. Use sand paper on a little part of the xbox and the result is green dust and a scratched xbox :D

585975241[/snapback]

Hehe, i wouldn't recommend that!

Im deffinately going to check this out tomorrow in proper day-light.

The controller and the the actual box for the Xbox is dark green, too?

Hehe, i wouldn't recommend that!

Im deffinately going to check this out tomorrow in proper day-light.

The controller and the the actual box for the Xbox is dark green, too?

585975253[/snapback]

yeah, the controllers (s-type are green too) and the actual box

All of them are green. Use sand paper on a little part of the xbox and the result is green dust and a scratched xbox :D

585975241[/snapback]

look at what he started :pinch: lol... I'm gonna check this out. I was too lazy to do it, today, and I didn't believe him, so I didn't think it was worth it :blush:

(don't tell him I admitted that ;))

-Emily

yeah, the controllers (s-type are green too) and the actual box

585975263[/snapback]

I always wonderd why they retailed S controllers seperately with a dark wire, instead of the transparent wired ones that comes with the xbox :wacko:

What are you people smoking? I guess I'm just blind, because they look pretty black to me.

/confused

585975741[/snapback]

Nope. Drug free good to be here. It's green. Take an xbox controller up close in sunlight and you'll see it as well.

Yeah I noticed this a couple months ago when we were going a vacation and my brother was carry the Xbox outside. I was like what the...go back in the light...I think it's green?? lol

even the new xboxs / controllers are a very very dark green.

it does take the correct direct sunlighting to tell though. other wise it appears black.

i could have sworn that the xbox is black. oh well. i dont have one so its not like im paying lots of attention to it or ne thign

the question is why make it very very dark greenish black? they could have just used simple black stuff.

585976173[/snapback]

i think its pretty cool :s