MICROSOFT: Slavery to It Is Ending

found this an interesting read and wasn't sure if it's really news.

http://argentina.indymedia.org/news/2005/05/295338.php

BIG NEWS ON USA MICROSOFT: Slavery to It Is Ending

Por Clayton Hallmark - Saturday, May. 28, 2005 at 4:03 PM

Mass-produced computers can KILL Microsoft and free the world's computer users. They'll be too cheap to accommodate MS Windows -- MS's bread and butter. Computers will go the way of TVs and VCRs -- cheap offshore (non-USA) production. They'll be cheap, simple, general-purpose (FREE SOFTWARE), all-electronic (no disk drive) -- in other words, real electronic computers, finally. READ ABOUT THE OPENING SHOT, MOBILIS, FIRED IN BANGALORE, INDIA, ON MAY 26, 2005.

BIG NEWS ON USA MICR...

mobilis_with_keyboard.jpg, image/jpeg, 350x208

If you like this idea, remember, above all, avoid Microsoft traps like the "Windows XP Starter Edition." It's a $30 loss-leader for developing nations -- with price-gouging to begin soon after. If you are outside the USA, be like Munich, Germany -- declare your freedom by going open-source for your enterprise. Beware of the US spies at the USAID and beware Microsoft's so-called "Local Economic Development Program for Software," which is insurgent in Brazil and Jordan. Read a US judge's decision on how MS strangles the US market (http://www.albion.com/microsoft/) and avoid this for your country.

A respected US group, the Gartner group, warns against the Windows "Starter Edition" at http://news.com.com/Gartner+Steer+away+fro....html?tag=st.rn .

To read about Microsoft's designs on your country, see http://news.com.com/A+billion+PC+users+on+...988.html?tag=nl . The head of the USAID (US Agency for International Development) is Andrew Natsios, a nephew of famed CIA spy Nicholas Natsios.

For non-US persons looking for freedom from Microsoft for their enterprise, consider the Munich example at: http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/t...ux-munich_x.htm and Germany's example at http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,1564,568696,00.html . Bergen, Norway's second city, is planning to switch its computers to Linux.

For balls, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballsmer has threatened Asian countries -- sovereign nations, mind you -- with lawsuits if they employ the Linux open-sourse operating system. He threatens them under the aegis of the World Trade Organization. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1283010/posts

However, the hundred-dollar Linux computer will be the end of Microsoft's dominance and possibly the company itself. Do you care? Can the Indian MOBILIS beat Microsoft? Can Wal-Mart beat Microsoft in America? Since you are reading this on a computer, you are a slave to MS and you should care. Freeing us from MS and its robber baron could raise the US productivity by several points. It can free foreign governments from aggression by Microsoft. I'll show how. To have fun, usable, efficient computers, it is necessary. To finally realize the dream that Bill Gates aborted, we need a computer that is: Cheap----Instant-On----Simple----General Purpose. Only India has one, for $200 ("good globalization"). We (the rest of the world) don't. This might not be the machine, but more are coming, and they will starve Microsoft. ........................................

continues

I'm loving the whole non-biased reporting thing. Microsoft is not forcing anyone to use their products. Just because most people do doesn't mean they're enslaved.

To have fun, usable, efficient computers, it is necessary. To finally realize the dream that Bill Gates aborted, we need a computer that is: Cheap----Instant-On----Simple----General Purpose. Only India has one, for $200 ("good globalization").

I for one would not have any fun using a $200 computer.

I could install linux right now if i wanted to, but i don't. I've tried it to see what the buzz is about and all i heard was a hum. Am i brainwashed? Who knows, but i'll stick with MS thanks. :)

How can you say that? You can almost open two copies of solitaire and an instance of calculator at the same time!

585997049[/snapback]

:o

I'm loving the whole non-biased reporting thing. Microsoft is not forcing anyone to use their products. Just because most people do doesn't mean they're enslaved.

I for one would not have any fun using a $200 computer.

585997040[/snapback]

How can you say that? You can almost open two copies of solitaire and an instance of calculator at the same time!

Reading this type of poorly written propaganda bulls**t is like a kick in a balls for the brain.

edit: Actually, now that I think of it, a kick in the balls would be far less painful that reading that from start to end.

Everybody knows that teh ub3r 1337 need 4 copies of solitaire running at a time.

What about minesweeper?! >.< . But to say that Microsoft are forcing people to use their OS .. come on :/ I dual boot linux and windows, so I can play games, and use various windows only products. So maybe i'm semi brainwashed? Pff

so... let me get this straight. there is a news article sugesting microsoft, a major corperation, is in the buisness of selling there product and making money?

:sleep:

Windows is like crack, pcp, and lsd, once you're hooked (and don't know better), you'll fight to keep it. Nuff said. (but I emphasize that IT IS a personal choice)

Edited by Help

Windows is like crack, pcp, and lsd, once you're hooked (and don't know better), you'll fight to keep it. Nuff said.

585997355[/snapback]

no, ms is more like a dell computer. you know there is "better" things out there, but dell's are still very good, less hassle for you but cost more. you have the guarantee that things will work when you order it, contrary to building a computer which has much more variables.

I could install linux right now if i wanted to, but i don't.  I've tried it to see what the buzz is about and all i heard was a hum.  Am i brainwashed?  Who knows, but i'll stick with MS thanks. :)

585997051[/snapback]

Same here...

Since you are reading this on a computer, you are a slave to MS and you should care

.... im on a mac, how does that work?!

This is more of a pamphlet for the recruitment of soldiers in the open source movement, not news :rolleyes:

"Power to the people, don't let the MS man hold you down"

How is this Back Page News? Mods?

585997157[/snapback]

Well, this is the Back Page News area. Items of a generally smaller interest, and this qualifies. No need for so many complaints. You don't like it, either skip it, like the other threads here that don't interest you. ;)
This is more of a pamphlet for the recruitment of soldiers in the open source movement

585998184[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. The article is covered in a thick syrup of politics and propaganda. The tone is very one-sided.