BRACES FINALLY OFF!

Hey guys, I just got my braces off today! it's been a year and 9 months of hell and pain and now they're finally off! I went into the orthodontists office earlier today and finally got called for my turn so I opened the door and followed the hot assistant into one of the rooms, she started taking her clothes off and... lol, well that's another story, but seriously, she took pliars and snapped off the braces, then she drilled off the cement that was still stuck to my teeth which sucked pretty bad because the drill was heating up my teeth and she even hit my gums twice :blink: :crazy: then after she got most of the cement off she polished the teeth and took xrays then gave me my retainers and a kiddy bag full of candy, kid's toothpaste and floss, lol (even though I'm 19) and set my next appointment and I was done! I only have to wear the retainers full time for 2 months then I just have to wear them at night, I'm so glad they're gone, now all I need to do is get my wisdom teeth pulled, my teeth cleaned and whitened in a couple weeks and I'll be set!!! They feel really smooth and clean right now :D GOD FREEDOM AT LAST!!!

Edited by Wakeman214

Never had to get braces, but from your description that sounds like cause for celebration, now go get yourself some chewing tobacco and coffee :p

cool. ihad my braces on for like 2 years. then i got a retainer too, and wore it for a month and i havent worn it since...its been almost like a year , maybe 2 years. and my teeth still look perfect lol

lol. good for you. i had my braces removed when i was 14 and wore retainers until i was 17. i decided i can't take anymore of that crap so i put braces again. my teeth are practically straight in only 2 months. but i still have another 14 to go and after that i have to put a titanium implant drilled into my bone (oh man :cry: ) and pull that wisdom out

edit: i'm still 17 lol i should have used "am" instead of was

i may need them, my dental plan is gone (i think, better check up on it) but i feel like giving my dentist a kick in the butt. Been with him since i was a kid, my wisdom teeth have been pushing since highschool but he did nothing. now its getting worst and i felt that he did nothing, good for nothing lazy....

Eh, lucky man, lucky. I've still got mine on. I got mine sometime near the end of February [this year] I think.

Let us know how it is for the next few weeks, with the retainers an' all. *curious*

Free at last! Free at last! Thank god almighty... Free at last!

I had braces for 3 years. From 12 to 15. Sucked a big one.

Anyways... congrats man.

Eh, lucky man, lucky. I've still got mine on. I got mine sometime near the end of February [this year] I think.

Let us know how it is for the next few weeks, with the retainers an' all. *curious*

586067304[/snapback]

will do, the retainers feel like having a thicker wire put on my braces, they're probably gonna be a little sore for the next couple days then I'll get used to them, they make my mouth smaller inside too because they take up most of the top and some of the bottom of my mouth, but I'll get used to it (I hope) I'll keep you posted in the next couple weeks...

I remember when I got mine off. They felt so freaking smooth!

I wore retainers for 4 months and I just had another appointment today. All I have to do is wear 'em at night, which really isn't a bother.

Congrats, it's well worth the wait.

will do, the retainers feel like having a thicker wire put on my braces, they're probably gonna be a little sore for the next couple days then I'll get used to them, they make my mouth smaller inside too because they take up most of the top and some of the bottom of my mouth, but I'll get used to it (I hope) I'll keep you posted in the next couple weeks...

586067312[/snapback]

seems alright. usually it takes me 1-2 days to get used to a thicker wire.

Damn your lucky i had mine for 3 years. I never wore my bands though so you got to wear them. It feels so nice when they first come off to. It was sweeet

Congrats. I had braces for 2.5 years. I am now 15 years old and I have to wear the retainrs full time for 6 months. But, I didn't. I'm an idiot. Now my teeth are coming back to their original position. It still looks straight but it sure doesn't feel straight. Boy it is a relief to get them off. Your teeth feel so smooth and straight. And I bet the retainers taste like plastic when you first put them on, eh? (assuming that your retainers are made of plastic, and stainless steel for the wiring.)

I give you 1 advice. Always wear your retainers if you want to keep your teeth straight. And remember this, your teeth will change position alittle bit. The retainers can't keep it in place because it only has limited space to keep it in place. It's not like braces. Also, 1 more thing. Did you get a thick steel wire glued to the bottom set of your teeth? I have and I have to keep it there for 2 years.

i had braces for 4 long horrible years... i got them off last spring... i have to wear retainers until im 22, which sux, but i dont wear them anyhow, they are those stupid invisiline crap, i hate them, if thats not bad, my orthodontist closed down last month, so idk what to do about getting my bottom one off, and see baout gettin my wisdom teeth pulled or not... :(

Oh man, its the best feeling ever to get them off. Like you have teeth that are super slick. Especially when I had those blasted things on for four years...

Congrats, god knows you need it, I too had braces for 5 years, and was so releived when I got them off, a retainer is soo much easier, hope you enjoy the newfound freedom.

I had to wear them for like a year and a half. Would have been less but i refused to wear rubber bands. Then after they finally gave up and took them off i never wore the retainer. My teeth are still perfectly straight to this day lol

i had 9 years

braces on top, then a retainer

then full mouth of braces, then a retainer

oh and i had two oral surgeries in there

dont give me 1 year 9 months, whippersnapper

Congrats. My teeth aren't straight but they aren't very crooked so I'm not going to go through hell for something minor. Party time. ;)

But I did have to have surgery on my gum because of a receeding gum line. I hated it. Was about 4 months until I could eat real food and not pudding and that sort of stuff.

now all I need to do is get my wisdom teeth pulled and my teeth cleaned and whitened in a couple weeks and I'll be set!!!

586066771[/snapback]

set for more pain :rofl:

Be wise though at what you do with your wisdom teeth. First of all make sure that you have to remove them. A lot of dentists will just say "yeah get rid of them" just so they can make money. Look at your xrays and see if there really isn't any space.

In my case, they were in contact with the tooth in front of them (would of pushed em while coming out) so I had no choice. I went twice, starting by the right side and then the left side. You can remove all 4 of them at the same time but that's insanity.