Favourite Grand Theft Auto?

What is your favourite Grand Theft Auto game?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Grand Theft Auto game?

• Grand Theft Auto
    • Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969
    • Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961
    • Grand Theft Auto 2
    • Grand Theft Auto 3
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto Advance

What is your favourite Grand Theft Auto game and why?

Mine has to be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as it's huge, has loads of variety in the vehicles and missions and is more believable (cars crash, pull into shop carparks, chase you if you hit them etc). Much more fun.

there was 2 London games? I didn't know that.

I pick GTA3 as it was a true sequel, and a truely groundbreaking game.

ViceCity and SanAndreas are great games, but they are more like add-ons and extras. They build on the engine and ideas of GTA3, but they haven't revolutionised the game genre like GTA3.

GTA:SA.

It's ****ing huge, and it got some RPG aspects (Body fitness, hunger, flying/driving/weapon/motorbike/bikes/boats/swim/dive skill), and character costumation.

I love it.

I prefer the old classics so I'm going with GTA2 its true to the original format but just improved the graphics and size of the game so for me it'll always be the best.

For me its San Andreas because it has almost everything in terms of vehicles, weapons, level design etc. I still probably enjoyed GTA:3 more though because id never played anything like it before and i reckon vice city had better characters and humour than gta 3 and SA.

Just dont like the theme/lingo.  :no:

586068532[/snapback]

Same here, Im not keen on the whole gansta theme. Its alright but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. The perfect game for me would be to move the 80's theme from vice to SA along and replace CJ with Tommy Verceti as he is a legend.

Same here, Im not keen on the whole gansta theme. Its alright but it gets a bit repetitive after a while. The perfect game for me would be to move the 80's theme from vice to SA along and replace CJ with Tommy Verceti as he is a legend.

586068567[/snapback]

They received the same feedback from young, urban, americans about ViceCity. They couldn't relate to Tommy at all.

The same way, I'm finding it hard to even understand some of the talk in SanAndreas. It's all a bit heavy on the anger and angro. But hey, it's a great game so far. I only got it Sunday.

GTA1 was and still is my favourite GTA, but out of the 3d ones I'd Pick GTA:VC because it seems just so 'polished' compared to the rest.

GTA:SA feels too rugged, and it's not exactly the best setting/situation to turn into a game. IMHO

Vice City is my favourite.. its set in the 80's, the game is overall really fun, and i prefer it to GTA3 and SA. I just cant get used to san andreas.. i have only played a bit of it, but im just not keen on it. Like someone else said about the whole 'Gansta theme' it somewhat f**ks me off

Vice City.

GTA:SA is crap IMO.

586068500[/snapback]

I whole heartedly agree. I enjoyed VC so much completed the game 2 times, I have had GTA:SA for ages and I am still on the first island I lost interest after a week.

I think I would have preferred it more if it used the VC engine and added the fitness customisation and stuff.. the PS2 (the version I had) just could not pull off the foliage and other things well and the slow downs and slow loading and crappy analogue driving just peed me off to much. ;) Also like some other people said the "Gangsta theme" I'm not liking it at all...

For me its San Andreas because it has almost everything in terms of vehicles, weapons, level design etc. I still probably enjoyed GTA:3 more though because id never played anything like it before and i reckon vice city had better characters and humour than gta 3 and SA.

586068521[/snapback]

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you but I choose GTA3 as my favorite it was just a ground breaking and fun game. But I love VC and SA also!

Unless you're in the hydra jet getting from side of the map to the other is painfully slow. Quality > Quantity

Vice City was a much more fun setting, better radio, better story, better characters...

Hmm, I pick the original one :) I still remember the fun I had playing that...

Next I would put Vice City - the setting & story was great!

vice city is nice.....I once took a tank, put some cheats and made it fly. So I landed on a roof of a skyscraper :laugh: :woot: . I got some nice landscape screens....but I aint got em now.

Did anyone master the whellie on a sports bike

You think my PC will be able to handle San Andreas?

GTA:SA Although I agree with the dudes saying they dont like the setting/theme I hate it too :x not into the whole 'gangsta' thing myself either, I loved the theme of GTA:VC though that one kicked ass however it lacks the characteritics of GTA:SA like the body fitness and gaining skills and swimming flying size of the envirnment realisticness of everything etc. Everything SA is superior and I like it best despite the horrible theme they chose :)

there was 2 London games? I didn't know that.

I pick GTA3 as it was a true sequel, and a truely groundbreaking game.

ViceCity and SanAndreas are great games, but they are more like add-ons and extras. They build on the engine and ideas of GTA3, but they haven't revolutionised the game genre like GTA3.

586068483[/snapback]

I agree, totally. =)