x86 Mac OS 'Tiger' Surfaces again on Bit Torrent

It seems just as the furore appeared to be gone surrounding the x86-Compatible version of the popular operating system from Apple, Mac OS X 'Tiger', a new torrent has appeared on the network. This brings back memories of a week ago, when a torrent, supposedly seeded by the GNAA, purported to be the real deal

This reviewer won't even hint at where the torrent is indexed, but download speeds on his DSL are already up to 40Kb/s, and a large amount of users are seen downloading it, suggesting it to be very popular.

If this is indeed the real deal, then expect this to be spreading across the file sharing networks like the Windows NT and Windows 2000 Source Code leaks of last year.

Do you really need to know whenever a file called x86 Mac OS goes on file-sharing networks? Any could put anything up there and name it now. If it is real that is a time to post.

is fake, apple does not leak the OS, in fact, is really rarely to see a leak of a beta or alpha version of apple in the internet

If this is indeed the real deal, then expect this to be spreading across the file sharing networks like the Windows NT and Windows 2000 Source Code leaks of last year.
... or like every other film, movie, game and tv episode...

is fake, apple does not leak the OS, in fact, is really rarely to see a leak of a beta or alpha version of apple in the internet

586078722[/snapback]

hmm... oddly enough, i've downloaded some 3 tiger betas when it was in beta... makes me wonder on your statement :)

but yeh... i think the file is fake (though i hope not)

odds are even if it is real you wont be able to run it. OSX has a very VERY limited driver set, hence no drivers for your hardware unless you get the exact same setup as the dev machines, and i doubt ANY information will come out of developers as they are under a tight NDA and if they leak any info. apple legal will be all over them like michael jackson on a little boy. Plus apple isn't a stupid company... steve jobs isn't a stupid person... apple's development team isn't stupid... There is some form of security on the release, DRM, locked to specific CPU serial numbers, something. There has to be. Apple isn't going to allow MacOSX Intel to run on anything but a white/silver machine with the grey/white apple logo on the front. APPLE IS ALSO HARDWARE COMPANY Most of their money is made through.... oh yeah... SELLING COMPUTERS!

:pinch:

[/rant]

No doubt we shall soon see. ***IF*** this is not a fake, I really wouldn't be that surprised. I would expect that about now is when Dev kits would start to be delivered, so... no doubt we'll soon see.

interesting if it's true, but let's say it is. No one has the specs to run this, so what are we supposed to do with it other than keep it for our collections?

Fake. If you open the files in a hex editor it is repeated text "GNAA". There is NO legal or illegal release of Mac OSX on x86 out now. They are all fakes.

Fake. If you open the files in a hex editor it is repeated text "GNAA". There is NO legal or illegal release of Mac OSX on x86 out now. They are all fakes.

586079308[/snapback]

did u tested it already? :o

Agreed

odds are even if it is real you wont be able to run it. OSX has a very VERY limited driver set, hence no drivers for your hardware unless you get the exact same setup as the dev machines, and i doubt ANY information will come out of developers as they are under a tight NDA and if they leak any info. apple legal will be all over them like michael jackson on a little boy. Plus apple isn't a stupid company... steve jobs isn't a stupid person... apple's development team isn't stupid... There is some form of security on the release, DRM, locked to specific CPU serial numbers, something. There has to be. Apple isn't going to allow MacOSX Intel to run on anything but a white/silver machine with the grey/white apple logo on the front. APPLE IS ALSO HARDWARE COMPANY Most of their money is made through.... oh yeah... SELLING COMPUTERS!

:pinch:

[/rant]

586078761[/snapback]