AutoPatcher XP August 2005

Windows Media Player 10 option is broken in the August release.

Clean install, run autopatcher, selected Media Player 10. I let it finish, reboot, headed to MicrosoftUpdate, which informs me that WMP10 is an available download. Re-ran Autopatcher, which tells me that WMP10 is installed, but when I run MediaPlayer from the Start Menu, WMP9 starts up. I've run this on three clean installs with the same results each time.

The "Save as Defaults" feature

The feature which was dumped in previous builds of AutoPatcher 5.x is back! It's not directly visible, so I will try to explain how it works.

• Saving your selections
    This shouldn't be hard to do; all you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and move your mouse over the "Module Details" button. The button caption will change to "Save as defaults". Press it (while still holding Shift) and you will be asked for a location to save defaults. Once this is done, you can close AutoPatcher. Your selections were exported to an 'answer-file'.
  • Loading your selections
    AutoPatcher will only load your selections when told to do so. This involves commandline arguments. You will need to point AutoPatcher to your 'answer-file' by calling "/defaults:PathToAnswerFile". For example, if you have saved your selections to "C:\Folder\Answers.ini", you should use "/defaults:C:\Folder\Answers.ini".
  • Note #1
    Never, I repeat, never use quotes. Even if the path to the answer file contains spaces, AutoPatcher will handle it without quotes.
  • Note #2
    Always use the /defaults argument last. If, for example, you need to provide two commandline arguments like "/defaults" and "/noeula", place the "/defaults" argument last.

:pinch: Man my bandwidth is going fast! Already 50+ gigs just for two files under 200MB :(

586401449[/snapback]

When can we expect a AutoPatcher for XP x64?

Is this in developpement?

Wow thanks alot, I love autopatcher and I look foward to every new release. Just one little note, it said my OS was XP Professional but I am using the Home edition, I am sure it makes no difference but I though I would mention it.

:pinch: Man my bandwidth is going fast! Already 50+ gigs just for two files under 200MB :(

586401449[/snapback]

Im at 565gigs for those 2 files...

Here's a graph of the last 24 hours of my machine

alpha_bandwidth_24hr.png

Wow thanks alot, I love autopatcher and I look foward to every new release. Just one little note, it said my OS was XP Professional but I am using the Home edition, I am sure it makes no difference but I though I would mention it.

586401693[/snapback]

I'll have to look into that...

^ Check the MD5 hash.

The file may be corrupt.

586401921[/snapback]

I have the MD5 hash quoted. The file is not corrupt, I've now downloaded from 2 different sources and still get the same screenshot.

This is the only release of AutoPatcher I have had a problem with.

There must be a bug somewhere....

Regards,

Mark. :unsure:

Just downloaded latest autopatcher full for xp - August 05.

Installed, ran the app and get the attached bug.

Anyone else get this?

Mark.

586401885[/snapback]

what is language your windows ?

Program Files\AutoPatcher\translations <> are you have this folder ?

when deletes him, I have the same

post-119829-1124479489.jpg