Never more satisfied with Linux!

Hi Everyone,

At the risk of boring everyone here, I just wanted to say that I have NEVER been more satisfied with Linux. I've been using many distros over the years, but recently I have been able to do all sorts ofd things that I never thought possible.

I maintain a website for our neighborhood Homeowners' Association and I can maintain everything on the site without a hitch using my main Mandrake box (10.1 Official). I had to post a .pdf document to the site and since the site would not accept that kind of file, I had to convert it into a .htm document. Office couldn't do it. OpenOffice did it with ease. 7+ MB file transferred without a hitch!

My URPMI works instantly and without issues. My Evolution doesn't stall........ I download mail from multiple accounts instantly. No freezing, no BSOD, nothing but performance.

I must say that this behavior happens with all of the distros I have, not just Mandrake. The folks that snub Linux just haven't given it a fair chance .......

Sorry, just had to post my great feeling this morning!

Barney

Funny enough I just downloaded the new Fedora Core 4 release but it wont pick up my external USB drive to install it on.

Is this possible to do?

I wish I too could feel like you.

I've tried a number of times now to wholeheartedly embrace Linux (numerous popular distros) but after a time I end of booting back into Windows because there are still too many things that I do that I cannot do in Linux!

Well,

I am not much on gaming... but I have loved all of the distros I have tried. Mandrake is just what I have maintained the most................

Linux takes time to learn and configure to your liking. It is just as simple as that.

Barney

Mark,

Your thread split caused quite an explosion.............. but I am still as happy as a daisy with my Linux box humming away! :D

Barney