[WIP] Rising sun/moon

After my wallpaper I made during the exams

(found here >> https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=334253), I decided to give a shot at creating a theme. I knew it was going to be hard and well.. it is :laugh:.

Anyway, here's a first shot, just wondering what you guys might think of it. Just like my walls I'm thinking of making both a version red/light grey and black/light grey. It's gonna take me sometime more (first theme and not all THAT great with graphical progs (yet :whistle:).

Anyway, any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated :happy:)

Grtz,

Rising Sun 0.4

post-62594-1119728606.gif

post-62594-1119784351_thumb.jpg

Rising Moon 0.3

post-62594-1119728617.gif

post-62594-1119787678_thumb.jpg

Edited by VenQWish

Thx :). Added taskbar and startmenu. I think the startmenu looks a bit simple but I'm wondering if it's a good thing or not ^^, for now, I'll take it as good :D.

uh, what?  :pinch:

586122011[/snapback]

The flag. It's the Japanese naval battle flag, if my history is correct. Hence, the "warmonger" comment. :)

As for the theme, it's got a lot of potential. It's still pretty rough around the edges, but I think with some work, you could end up with something that looks pretty slick.

The flag. It's the Japanese naval battle flag, if my history is correct. Hence, the "warmonger" comment. :)

As for the theme, it's got a lot of potential. It's still pretty rough around the edges, but I think with some work, you could end up with something that looks pretty slick.

586123678[/snapback]

What could you recommend? :) Maybe I shouldn't go for the "fade out" effect if that's what you mean...

As for the characters, they're just what they fit best for, I don't know the meaning which might make me look like an idiot :blush:. Anyhow, the minimize button is half of a character, just chosen cuzz it's a bar :D. The second one is M on my keyboard and the close button is x... I have no idea about their meaning though, if it doesn't work out, might as well use other caption buttons, but I think it looks nice that way :whistle:

make the rivets more reliastic, make the metal more realistic.. a little less red..

the captions i could deal with...

keep at it, shows promise.

make the rivets more reliastic, make the metal more realistic.. a little less red..

the captions i could deal with...

keep at it, shows promise.

586131414[/snapback]

Hmm, thx for the advice, I'll be out now for some time, then I'll pretty much start from scratch, same ideas though, but then with photoshop and not Gimp and mspaint :D

i really dig the min/max/close buttons, and the colours. but the start menu and the start button look a little weird to me. great wip though, keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few bugs, and I have no idea how to work them out, text being broken off and stuff :/. I think I'll better start from a theme that works perfect, and just mod all the gfx to my liking. I have no idea where to fix those errors I got :pinch:. Gotta get permission first, then start this thing all over from scratch :cry:.

It will take some sweet time, when I get something done I'll release it as a beta though and so on. Get sh*t done that way :unsure:. Sry for the :sleep: (wait)

Looking nice, but your choice of characters does indeed seem a bit odd if you can read Japanese. :D

Can't blame you, though. Katakana does look cool.