US Television Manufacturers?

My Sony TV's audio died over the past few days (my father brought it against my will) so I need a new TV and I want to buy an American product (preferably made in the US). I'm the type that would rather burn his money than give it to a foreign company so before anyone suggests something foreign, the answer is no.

I'm aware of Dell and Helewett Packard but I'd like a wider selection before I make a decision. Does anyone know of any other US Television Manufacturers?

If you want a ****ty tv that screams you can buy Phillips... Loudest electronic scream ever. You know.. that sound you get when your tv is on? It is liek that but as if a small dwarf is in your tv against his will.

If you want a ****ty tv that screams you can buy Phillips... Loudest electronic scream ever. You know.. that sound you get when your tv is on? It is liek that but as if a small dwarf is in your tv against his will.

586124593[/snapback]

No, I don't know. There is no sound when I turn my TV on. The audio is dead.

By the way, Philips is a foreign company. In specific, it is British. I want to know about American companies.

sad to hear that about your sony, one of mine is going 12 years strong. you do know that dell doesnt make their own plasmas, LCDs or CRTs right? they just purchase them from acer, toshiba, benq, etc and then put their label on it.

JVC is an american company. look, im all for buying stuff thats mades in our country but theres just some stuff thats made better in other countries. for CRTs i would stick with sony. plasmas on the otherhand i would have no clue what to buy but i would probably buy a sony or one from a very reputable company.

I want to buy an American product (preferably made in the US). I'm the type that would rather burn his money than give it to a foreign company so before anyone suggests something foreign, the answer is no.

586124454[/snapback]

Seriously? Anything less than $5000 is not going to make a blind bit of difference to any large company, be it JVC or Sony.

Personally, If I was after anything electrical, I would buy Sony.

Hitachi, LG, Sony

oh right... no foreign companies right? Too bad because just one bad experience doesn't justify the quality of one company's products.

You were unlucky I guess but hey man, **** happens. Nobody's perfect but one thing I do know, japanese electronics are better than american electronics. Ahem.... cars? :rolleyes:

Yeah I know you're still saying "no" but I felt like saying this!

Pioneer is Japanese right? I guess your only choice is... Viewsonic (Plasma screen), but Ohh no it says Made In China on the back!

Im stuck on this one... Anyone know any American TV manufacturers? Is General Electronics American? Thomas Edisons company... Or did they not catch on with TV production?

sad to hear that about your sony, one of mine is going 12 years strong.  you do know that dell doesnt make their own plasmas, LCDs or CRTs right?  they just purchase them from acer, toshiba, benq, etc and then put their label on it.

JVC is an american company.  look, im all for buying stuff thats mades in our country but theres just some stuff thats made better in other countries.  for CRTs i would stick with sony.  plasmas on the otherhand i would have no clue what to buy but i would probably buy a sony or one from a very reputable company.

586124641[/snapback]

JVC isn't a US company. It is a Japanese company as far as where its profits go is concerned:

http://www.jvc.com/company/index.jsp

By the way, from what I understand, Dell buys the flat panels only, teverything else they make. I'd like them to make their own flat planels or buy them from a US company but they don't; however, they are more American than a company like Sony will ever be.

aIf you want to make a difference make sure your cars are American, and your products aren't from china i.e Walk Mart.

586124827[/snapback]

I don't buy from Walmart; they support abortion. I also wil buy an American car after I'm done with my mother's 1995 Toyota Avalon. I'm thinking of the Ford Focus but I want to hold out until the Fuel Cell version of the Focus comes out, as anything that uses any form of oil funds terrorism (e.g. Al Qaeda), and I don't want to fund that.

Zenith? We have a 20+ year old color Zenith in our garage and it still works perfectly. We also have 5 year-old one that works fine too.

586127708[/snapback]

Zenith looks American:

http://www.zenith.com/index.asp?url=./sub_...about_index.asp

I'll look into them. Thanks.

Hitachi, LG, Sony

oh right... no foreign companies right? Too bad because just one bad experience doesn't justify the quality of one company's products.

You were unlucky I guess but hey man, **** happens. Nobody's perfect but one thing I do know, japanese electronics are better than american electronics. Ahem.... cars? :rolleyes:

Yeah I know you're still saying "no" but I felt like saying this!

586127771[/snapback]

The quality of Sony's products isn't the point (even through they've gone down the tubes over the past decade from what I'm told). The point is that I have a certain criteria and whatever people want to sell to me can do anything in the world but if it doesn't meet that criteria, none of that matters. My criteria is that it is American. Everything else is secondary. That includes quality, price and so on and so forth. I recently had to choose between an Antec Phantom PSU and a Seasonic S12 PSU. The Seasonic PSU was superior but it didn't meet my criteria (silent and american) so I brought the Antec PSU and spent $50 that I didn't have to spend. I'm not like you guys. When something doesn't meet my criteria, and nothing else seemingly does, that something does not become acceptable. However for you it does. I'll never understand that.

Besides, if I can't get a US Television, then I won't watch TV. :p

Pioneer is Japanese right? I guess your only choice is... Viewsonic (Plasma screen), but Ohh no it says Made In China on the back!

Im stuck on this one... Anyone know any American TV manufacturers? Is General Electronics American? Thomas Edisons company... Or did they not catch on with TV production?

586127817[/snapback]

Thanks for the View Sonic suggestion. I didn't think of them.

Haha, there's no way you're going to find an American-made TV. Why won't you buy a foreign TV? Got a mad case of xenophobia?

586129183[/snapback]

No, it is called being an American. Try it, you'll like it.

I'll look into them. Thanks.

The quality of Sony's products isn't the point (even through they've gone down the tubes over the past decade from what I'm told). The point is that I have a certain criteria and whatever people want to sell to me can do anything in the world but if it doesn't meet that criteria, none of that matters. My criteria is that it is American. Everything else is secondary. That includes quality, price and so on and so forth. I recently had to choose between an Antec Phantom PSU and a Seasonic S12 PSU. The Seasonic PSU was superior but it didn't meet my criteria (silent and american) so I brought the Antec PSU and spent $50 that I didn't have to spend. I'm not like you guys. When something doesn't meet my criteria, and nothing else seemingly does, that something does not become acceptable. However for you it does. I'll never understand that.

What makes you think we don't buy product using criterias? The difference is we have criterias that make sense.

1) Quality/Price Ratio

2) Quality of service from company

3) Other..

The origin of a company's location shouldn't be first, except if you're buying a car (in general). :whistle:

My Sony TV's audio died over the past few days (my father brought it against my will) so I need a new TV and I want to buy an American product (preferably made in the US). I'm the type that would rather burn his money than give it to a foreign company so before anyone suggests something foreign, the answer is no.

I'm aware of Dell and Helewett Packard but I'd like a wider selection before I make a decision. Does anyone know of any other US Television Manufacturers?

586124454[/snapback]

you gotta b kidding me. there is no such thing as an american television manufacturer.

(unless you got a friend who makes tube displays out of his garage.)

p.s. Zenith is Korean, they got bought out by these guys http://www.lge.com/about/corporate/html/company_history.jsp

(they were the last to remain american, however.)

Edited by Dark_INk

Besides, if I can't get a US Television, then I won't watch TV. :p

No, it is called being an American. Try it, you'll like it.

586146199[/snapback]

Now normally i wouldnt comment on this but DAMN are you a bit toooo serious on yer im an american endevor. Im not gonna tell you that you cant be the way you are, or that its wrong but.. sweet jesus.

I buy import and im american. How does that work becaue as an american I have to freedom to buy the best product i can and not some pos that the govt issues me.

I also beleive that as americans we should be lucky that we can afford to import all these things, but let me point something out to you.

I assume if yer as die hard as you say, then you dont own a pc, because its easier to solve the magic bullet theory than to buy a PC thats made from all american parts. I also assume you walk everywhere, because gas made from oil supports terrorism.. oh wait you drive ??... well.. oh yea.. you have to get to work.. then does yer city not provide clean fuel alternative mass transit ?? And we all know that there isnt a single oil well on us soil... nope.. not a one...

:: takes a drive to corpus cristi ::

Do you eat food, ebcause a lot of our foods are imports also, make sure you read EVERY label before you pick up that apple. And no video games for you, unless you own an x-box... which im willing to bet.. isnt made in america.

What about clothes.....damn.. you must be nekkid as we speak. So im not gonna touch that one.

I also assume you dont ever call tech support or 411, because.. holy god are like 90% of them outsourced in india.

Shall i continue on this rant on how this so called endvor by some people to be 100% american and only support american products is futile ??

I don't see why it has to be American made. Many brands are becoming crap as of late, like Sony. My money is on the german Grundig's or maybe even the korean(?) LG Electronics... Great products at a lesser price.

American Patriotica... There are better TV companies than American TV companies. Just because it's a "foreign" company doesn't mean it will be no good. If you don't want a TV from a "foreign" company then don't watch T.V. at all. :rolleyes: GJ Blues?, you burned him so bad I can feel the heat from where I am.

aIf you want to make a difference make sure your cars are American, and your products aren't from china i.e Walk Mart.

586124827[/snapback]

LMFAO FORD AND CHEVY AND THOSE BIG 3 DETRIOT MAKERS MOST OF THE PARTS IN THE CARS ARE MADE FROM OVERSEAS AND PUT A FORD OR GM LABEL ON IT. I KNOW A FRIEND WHO WORKS FOR THEM LOL

AMERICAN CAR = AMERICAN LOGO BUT WITH FOREIGN PARTS!!!

586146199[/snapback]

I wonder if they're American - Maybe you could do me a favour and check it out... I would've thought Pioneer would be an American TV Company as well, but I had second thoughts on that one. They seem very intertwined with Japan.

However Viewsonic makes quality monitors and some good Plasma screen.

This from the back of my head: If Apples products are all designed in California, then you're in luck because their line of Plasma screens are amazing and expensive.

Edit: My mistake, those Plasma screens I was thinking about were actually monitors "/