Guys, can anyone speak Japanese?

"anata wa watashino kireii aka-chan". But that's with baby as in kid.

"anata wa watashino kireii onna" That's with baby as in girl.

Might want to double-check that, though. My japanese is a little bit rusty

"anata wa watashino kireii aka-chan". But that's with baby as in kid.

"anata wa watashino kireii onna"  That's with baby as in girl.

Might want to double-check that, though. My japanese is a little bit rusty

586156878[/snapback]

"anata wa watashino kireii onna"

can you type it in Japanese so I can Ctrl+c/Ctrl+V

thanx....

hmm by baby you mean a girl right? doesn't kireii mean beautiful? precious is kichyou in japanese.

anyway i can't really give you the correct words only the hiragana characters.

あなた わ 私 の きれいい おんな (the one you wanted)

あなた わ 私 の きちよう おんな (the one with the word precious inside)

this is a really rough translation so i don't recommend you use it with a real jap person. :laugh:

私はあなたを憎む

Kidding, dont really use that..

586156857[/snapback]

Aww, you cheeky thing! That means 'I hate you'. If youre gonna help him, do it right! The real translation is:

私の貴重な赤ん坊常にである。

hmm i copied that into the translator and it said "it is my valuable baby always" :laugh:

man if only i paid more attention in class then i could help you better.

man if only i paid more attention in class then i could help you better.

586157042[/snapback]

Schools go about foreign languages all wrong.

1st term: Learn how to order off a menu.

2nd term: Learn how to woo the opposite sex.

3rd tem: Learn how to talk about money matters.

:laugh: second term should be first followed by third and first.

hmm my japenese teachers were a japenese guy and a woman from china who went to japan to learn japanese. it was at some language centre and i learnt japanese through chinese (cause japanese is from chinese which derivated thousands of years ago). so if i did an english to chinese then to japanese it would be even better.

didn't think about that just now. i'll go translate it again properly.

anyway i believe that is generated by a software so the translation could be even worse.

Edited by SojIrOu

just some advise, people: online translation sites DON'T work, they cant translate properly as they just use dictionary infinative etc. its not gonna work, so best choice is to go with what someone here who speaks the language.

just some advise, people: online translation sites DON'T work, they cant translate properly as they just use dictionary infinative etc. its not gonna work, so best choice is to go with what someone here who speaks the language.

586157143[/snapback]

From the computer incorrect translation may appear.

ok this is a much better sounding/flowing one translated from chinese to japanese.

anata wa zutto ni watashi no kichyou onna desu

or

anata wa itsumodemo watashi no kichyou onna desu

hmm can some who speaks japanese fluently edit it since my japanese isn't even grade 1.

"You're always my precious baby."

||

|| in Chinese

||

\/

"你永远是我的宝贝"

||

|| in Japanese

||

\/

"??????????????????????????"

hmm yeah i used that

你 = anata wa

永远是 = zutto ni / itsumodemo

我的 = watashi no

宝贝 = kichyou

onna = woman

i can't remember why but desu has to be there.

Don't use "anata." It's far too... direct. Use the person's name instead, or maybe "kimi." Yeah! Use "kimi."

君は僕の恋人、ずっとに。

"Kimi wa boku no koibito, zutto ni."

"You are my girlfriend/lover/partner, forever."

My Japanese isn't great, but I think something like that seems pretty good.

Of course, I'm incredibly tempted to give you some crappy translation just because I want a Japanese girlfriend, but hey, whatever.

Hehe, got a Japanese chick on ya hands? :rofl:

586156940[/snapback]

lol looks like it

tell her i said ARIIGAAAAAATOO GOSAYIMASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

I speak Japanese and all of you are kind of going about this wrong. If you really want to be affective and sound sincere in another language you can't use literal translations (Japanese is especially like this). You shouldn't come up with an English phrase and then just try to translate it word for word, you will get really awkward sounding phrases doing that. You would be much better to find an apropriate phrase in that language that is the closest aproximation of the message that you want to convey. How flexible are you on this? Do you want to say exactly this or is a more natural aproximation also ok?

I speak Japanese and all of you are kind of going about this wrong.  If you really want to be affective and sound sincere in another language you can't use literal translations (Japanese is especially like this).  You shouldn't come up with an English phrase and then just try to translate it word for word, you will get really awkward sounding phrases doing that.  You would be much better to find an apropriate phrase in that language that is the closest aproximation of the message that you want to convey.  How flexible are you on this?  Do you want to say exactly this or is a more natural aproximation also ok?

586157647[/snapback]

:yes:

You're exactly right.