6 Screenshots of House of Dead Xbox 360

What doesnt look good about it? Better graphics than anything else on market right now... and killing zombies is always fun.

I know that the graphics is better than Xbox, but I also agree with Circaflex that it can be better, much better.

586198956[/snapback]

Question... how do you know it can be much much better? Im sorry, but everyone who keeps saying this is very poor, what are you comparing it to, the image in your mind?

I think the graphics look ok but could be better. They are definitely an improvement from the original xbox.

Edited by GhostShell

Question... how do you know it can be much much better? Im sorry, but everyone who keeps saying this is very poor, what are you comparing it to, the image in your mind?

586198963[/snapback]

Screenshot from Xbox360:

1694-5-l.jpg

Screenshot from PS2:

919554_20040716_screen001.jpg

The reason I picked the SH:4 picture is that the characters from both games look similar. What I am really trying to show is that the PS2 character has more facial detail then the HofD character on the Xbox360. I have noticed, with screenshots from nextgen games on both the Xbox360 and PS3, is that the artists just are not putting enough detail into their characters. I don't know if the artists are lazy or not, but the skin textures on their characters are way too smooth.

jmole you really have to learn about how 3D works dude... If you see the PS2 version then the face is pretty flat and it has no bump mapping like you see on the x360 version, that really makes difference when you see light sources running around. Sure it could look aLOT better but it's just another brain-dead zombie game, they are not supposed to spend to much on creating them even if id belives in that crap.

586198963[/snapback]

I didn't say that the graphics is poor, I said it could be better.

jmole you really have to learn about how 3D works dude... If you see the PS2 version then the face is pretty flat and it has no bump mapping like you see on the x360 version, that really makes difference when you see light sources running around. Sure it could look aLOT better but it's just another brain-dead zombie game, they are not supposed to spend to much on creating them even if id belives in that crap.

586199019[/snapback]

dude, time crisis looks better than this game, in this age there is no excuse for crappy graphics.

586198963[/snapback]

umm well im comparing it to earlier games and guess what? its losing (in my mind). I think you would have to be clinically retarded to be "impressed" by these graphics.

dude, time crisis looks better than this game,  in this age there is no excuse for crappy graphics.

586199028[/snapback]

Dude you even know what you are talking about? You are so silly you have to see never games in action to see what they are all about, screenshots don't justify anymore since the light sources are constantly changing, unlike the PS2 era and you see lot of the facial features reflect that and shade correctly considering where the light source comes from. It has FAR higher polygon count and is far more detailed than a simple texture added to a very low polygon model, you know how ugly the PS2 models look at different angles?

i love the image with the water in it that does seem to be fairly detiald and how the light sources work off of it. anyways remeber these are from crappy arcade hardware that is barly up to a GeForce FX specs graphcis from what i understand it is weak for graphics so that being siad right now they have just got beta hardware witch has Finale chipset for X360 they have everything and what you are seing now is a port of the game untill they start and make it look better. iam sure we may see movie quality zombies and enviroments. Somewhat same topic but offtopic ( anyone read about the Zombie game on PSP Infected <<< just curious

oh please people don't you see the difference beetween the BETA and Alpha kit? Notice those wonderful PS on the water and tell it looks bad

586198952[/snapback]

Notice that they look the exact same? You just don't see water on the first few.

And fyi, if this game was developed on the Alpha kit it will NOT look better on the final one, just run smoother. Future games on the other hand, MAY look better, but it's not a given.

Dude you even know what you are talking about? You are so silly you  have to see never games in action to see what they are all about, screenshots don't justify anymore since the light sources are constantly changing, unlike the PS2 era and you see lot of the facial features reflect that and shade correctly considering where the light source comes from. It has FAR higher polygon count and is far more detailed than a simple texture added to a very low polygon model, you know how ugly the PS2 models look at different angles?

586199045[/snapback]

true, i guess ill have to see this game in action. but honestly, i wasnt comparing time crisis' models to these because on a technical level it blows time crisis away, but i do think the overall look at feel of time crisis it a lot more together than the above screenshots,. they just look.... BLAND... im sorry i cant get super excited about these shots, they just look bad. BAD. BAD. BAD! but like i said before lets hope they put some more work into it

The image of the dude and chick looking down the tunnle looks good, the others aren't anything special.

586199019[/snapback]

I have all the Silent Hill games on the PS2. I don't get your flat face remark because none of their faces look flat at all. Silent Hill games probably have the best looking character renders.

With these screenshots, the texturing looks crappy. It's like everything is plasticized and smoothed.