Vxp - WIP

After looking through some of the classic mods i decided id give it a whirl, maybe a more modern classic with a little depth and color..yeah a little. :D

i will welcome comments and suggestions.

post-43522-1121818178_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winswy

tooo 3d for me

i like flat styles

586209792[/snapback]

i don't think it's the 3d-ness of it that bothers me. probably the bulkiness.. it made me think of WindowBlinds.. *shudders* :cry:

but you definitelly have a nice visual idea.. nice colors too.. just try to tone it down, and go with a thin taskbar..

thin taskbar will be included in compact style. i seriously dont know whats bulky about it tho, ..1 pixel borders are as small as it gets.

everything looks nice, only gripe i have is the start button, maybe thats what people are saying is 'bulky' ... kinda bigger than most flag buttons

alright, ill slim that down a tad. thx. :)

I actually hoped i could build this with the help of the most popular constructive comments, in an attempt to make a VS that was useable and easy on the eye to the majority.

i don't think it's the 3d-ness of it that bothers me. probably the bulkiness.. it made me think of WindowBlinds.. *shudders* :cry:

but you definitelly have a nice visual idea.. nice colors too.. just try to tone it down, and go with a thin taskbar..

586209882[/snapback]

At least it's different then the crap VS that have been on display around here lately. Can't say that about WB themes though.

Love the shade of blue you have at the moment, looking forward to seeing the full thing.

yeah, it definately has potentional. the problem is that the taskbar is liek 2x the height of my current one. it's gotta be make it a little smaller...

looking quite good

hope to see:

different colors

compact start menu

as someone else said the taskbar looks a little fat

Im thinking about color schemes, will DEF. have compact SM scheme and i will def. be slimming down taskbar...

until then..heres a preview with new Start button, made in collab. with Bmac. (Orange on mouseover)

post-43522-1121314887.jpg

Im thinking about color schemes,  will DEF. have compact SM scheme and i will def. be slimming down taskbar...

until then..heres a preview with new Start button, made in collab. with Bmac. (Orange on mouseover)

586210954[/snapback]

nice, definitelly an improvement.. however, i liked the original start button.. it was too big as it was, but the idea is very original and different.. looks good now too, though..

Im thinking about color schemes,  will DEF. have compact SM scheme and i will def. be slimming down taskbar...

586210954[/snapback]

Actually, I like that start button. Maybe try a normal flag instead of that wierd looking tilted one?

I like it, could you include the original start button as an "Alternate start button"? This may be my new theme :D

I like it, could you include the original start button as an "Alternate start button"?  This may be my new theme :D

586220588[/snapback]

Hey thanks for those super comments..Heres somewhat along the lines of the Start Menu i envisioned. something that would be easy on the eyes but not monotonous. I WILL release the original start button for those of you that preferred it and there will be a version without Logo and leaves, for those of you that like a plain Start Menu.

Anyway.. let me know what you all think so far. also shown is compact taskbar.

post-43522-1121476035_thumb.jpg

Hey thanks for those super comments..Heres somewhat along the lines of the Start Menu i envisioned. something that would be easy on the eyes but not monotonous. I WILL release the original start button for those of you that preferred it and there will be a version without Logo and leaves, for those of you that like a plain Start Menu.

Anyway.. let me know what you all think so far. also shown is compact taskbar.

586220990[/snapback]

(Y) :)

I would like to think i have some forward momentum going here. The Screen was taken at 1024 * 768 for the sake of clarity and filesize... Changed quite a few things on start menu and i think im going in the right direction here.

I hope to knock this theme out fairly quickly as it is more in the minimal vein than most of my preceding work. It will not be a premium theme on Maxstyles.com, it will be a free release..JUST in case anyone was wondering.

Thanks to all of you that support my work.

..oh and the wall seen will be included in final release also and yes.. the screeny is cropped about half way. :D

post-43522-1121556986_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winswy