Apple x86 OS X DVD finally leaked

I assume this is ok, since there have been discussions on it before.

Anyway, from this site:

http://www.osx86.classicbeta.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page (no links to the DVD, by the way)

We can now confirm that the DVD that was included with the Developer Transition Kits has leaked and has been placed on a major torrent site with the name of "Apple.OS.X.x86.Developer.Kit.Install.DVD-pheNIX." According to sources, the DVD image is in .dmg format and an NFO was included. Of course, we can only assume that this DVD will not immediately be ready to install on x86 machines, as it still incorporates SSE3 and the TPM. More news as it happens...

Sorry if it's not acceptable, but since the other releases were news, why not, ya know?

I thought someone else posted a link to the thread that contained it. None of the links there contain it, they're pretty anti-warez on the site.

And isn't the other thread still around, just been trimmed down a bit?

Doesn't matter anymore. Before big corporations were shocked when their products managed to get leaked. Now its just part of business life, more beta testers in a way though.

yipee! and i'm just upgrading to A64 too!

i won't use it, but i can't wait to show my Apple-loving buddies their precious OSX running faster on my rig. :laugh:

It does indeed require SSE3 but you also have to have the specific TPM chip shipped with the developer units in order to run the OS. A key part of the OS is PPC code which invokes Rosetta which in turn requires the presence of the specific TPM chip on developer machines motherboard.

To put it into plain English, it will not run on generic hardware.

It does indeed require SSE3 but you also have to have the specific TPM chip shipped with the developer units in order to run the OS. A key part of the OS is PPC code which invokes Rosetta which in turn requires the presence of the specific TPM chip on developer machines motherboard.

To put it into plain English, it will not run on generic hardware.

586299523[/snapback]

:rofl: :rofl: ...nicely said

Eventually we will be able to get this to work, just will require ALOT of work,

586299684[/snapback]

Erm, your saying that your going to reverse engineer software which you illegally obtained and run it on non-standard hardware?

This would be why these topics always get closed. This is for discussion, not for piracy. You discuss that it leaked, what effect it could have for Apple, discuss whether or not it is running on the non-standard hardware, but you don't specifically talk about breaking the law :wacko: