Xbox 360 Final Prize Past Due!

Eh, Price I mean...

From 05/27/2005

First hints at pricing emerge from Microsoft, following a week of PS3 price speculation

Microsoft corporate vice president J Allard has confirmed that the Xbox 360 will be priced "in the neighbourhood" of $300, which was the initial launch price of the Xbox, with a final decision on price to be made in about two months.

Should heard Last week, but it's 5 Days late. We still haven't heard official price.

This is What Worries me!!!

Eh, Price I mean...

From 05/27/2005

Should heard Last week, but it's 5 Days late. We still haven't heard official price.

This is What Worries me!!!

586310088[/snapback]

hence the about me thinks... :whistle:

Nah, if it's guranteed $299, they wouldn't wait this long to tell consumers that good news.

586312384[/snapback]

about two months and about 300$ to much flux in that sentence

TO me, I think something fishy is going on.

If It's just $299 they NEED to announce it NOW, Tomorrow, or this week!!! That's good enough for "About 2 months", but it they wait until Next week, or end of this month to annouce, it's about 3 months, instead.

I am beginning to doubt it will just be $299 and system maybe delayed as well.

There is NO way the system is going to be delayed, and the launch price is, most likely, going to be in the vicinity of $300. Either $299 or $349, is my guess. Probably the former. They wanna push this thing into as many homes as possible, and Microsoft has got the financial might to take a loss in console revenue at the beginning.

$360 would be a nice price

maybe a bit on the high side but the ironi would make up for it :happy:

586321807[/snapback]

I agree it would be awsome if someone was buying it for me. But since they arnt. The cheaper the better. Ive read from many places that the final price is 299 and its release date is Nov. 4th

From GameSpot

]Moore talks more Xbox 360

Microsoft's head of Xbox marketing says Japanese summit was a smashing success; Xbox 360 is moving in a different direction from Sony's PS3.

In an interview published in the current issue of Famitsu, Microsoft corporate vice president and chief of worldwide Xbox marketing Peter Moore trumpeted the upcoming Xbox 360 launch in Japan. Even though surveys have shown Japanese gamers to be indifferent to Microsoft's console, the exec gave a number of reasons why he is certain that the machine will succeed in the Japanese market .

Moore seems extremely satisfied with his Xbox Summit 2005 presentation last month, where he unveiled a number of Japanese publishers that will support the Xbox 360. He said that the Xbox Summit served as a chance to show exactly how much third-party publishers in Japan are serious about the Xbox 360. Moore believes that Microsoft's good relationships with key Japanese publishers over the past few years contributed to the summit's major announcements. He also noted that gaming has become a worldwide business, and the Xbox 360 will be another chance for Japanese publishers to expand further into the global market.

While Moore regrets that the current Xbox console hasn't had much to offer Japanese gamers, he did say that Microsoft now better understands their tastes. Microsoft announced a strong lineup of third-party titles, such as Ridge Racer 6, Rumble Roses XX, and a new Gundam game, during last month's event. Microsoft also realizes that role-playing games are vital in penetrating the Japanese market, so it signed on former Square Enix producer Hironobu Sakaguchi to create two titles, Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. Moore believes that the trio of Sakaguchi, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, and Yoshiki Okamoto will spur interest in the Xbox 360.

When asked how he felt about Sony Computer Entertainment and its PlayStation 3, Moore said that most consumers believe the Xbox 360 and PS3 to be similar in terms of their hardware and market strategy. However, Moore believes otherwise. He explained that Microsoft's main concern with the Xbox 360 is to expand the gaming industry's gamer population. After listening to SCE president Ken Kutaragi speak on the PS3, he believes that SCE is trying to push the industry into a different direction. Moore emphasized that the PS3's price won't be affordable to normal households.

Speaking of price, Moore did not reveal the retail cost of the Xbox 360, but he did say that it would be affordable and would be announced very soon.

I will say this is about official as you can get on the Release date, and price.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/08/05/m...5markets05.html

Piper Jaffray said the launch of Microsoft's (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) Xbox 360 is on track to launch in November in the U.S. and Europe, and will likely ship "a couple of weeks later" in Japan.

Microsoft management wouldn't provide launch quantities, but the research firm estimates that 1 million units will ship in the U.S., 400,000 in Europe, and 200,000 units in Japan by the end of 2005.

Piper Jaffray expects 15 games to be available at the console's launch and 25 to 40 games before the end of the year. The research firm noted that there are more than 160 Xbox 360 games in development worldwide.

Microsoft also would not provide specific pricing information about the Xbox 360, but Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft will make one unit available at $299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive unit including "additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option, extra controller, memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

So...

Date: Some day in November

Price: $299 for basic version and $399 for extra version

Microsoft will make one unit available at $299, and another unit near $399, with the more expensive unit including "additional hardware components (e.g., hard-drive option, extra controller, memory option) that core users will likely buy anyway."

Hope that doesn't mean the $299 one won't have an HD at all

Hope that doesn't mean the $299 one won't have an HD at all

586333454[/snapback]

Cheaper model without HDD doesnt make sense. Most of the games are designed to use the HDD for caching, saves etc.

If there are two SKUs, the capacity of the HDD may vary.

I think the delay is a bit odd, but I think MS is trying to improve something, thus the reasoning for the delay.

Hopefully they can give us HD-DVD in time.