Logitech Launches G15 Keyboard

Logitech launches G15 Keyboard for gamers with LCD display and programmable keys

Logitech today announced the G15 keyboard which is aimed at serious PC gamers. This is the first member in the G-series family of gaming-grade peripherals and it features a built-in auxiliary LCD display, 18 programmable keys and software, making it easy to set up custom commands for every game. The adjustable-tilt, backlit LCD can be programmed to display vital in-game information, or data from other applications, without interrupting game play.

Logitech's first-of-its-kind LCD display will be supported by several new games later this year, providing game information such as score, times, health status, and ammunition levels. Out of the box, the LCD panel can be programmed to show information from other applications, such as incoming e-mail alerts, CPU speed, or even media player information, without interfering with the game on screen. A software development kit (SDK) will be included on the installation CD, allowing gamers to write their own programs for customized information to be displayed on the LCD screen. When not in use, the LCD panel folds down to protect the screen and offers maximum portability -- perfect for transporting to a gaming session at a friend's house.

The LCD and Logitech's gaming keyboard software also help make it easy for gamers to set up custom macro commands, which combine multiple keystrokes into one button press without leaving the game. On the left side of the Logitech G15 keyboard, gamers will find 18 fully programmable keys, called the G keys, and three mode keys: M1, M2, and M3. Within each mode, each G key can be programmed to represent a different keystroke or macro, meaning a total of 54 different commands that can be customized. For example, this means that World of Warcraft players can program the G keys to access their spells more efficiently. Different combinations of keys can be programmed for every game and the G15 will default to these game-specific settings when the title is launched.

By installing Logitech's software drivers, the LCD will also display media information such as track names and times while music is playing on a PC. Below the LCD, the keyboard features convenient media controls that make it easy to control volume during game play or to control playlists and tracks while listening to music.

The Logitech G15 keyboard also features backlit keys --when backlighting is turned on, a light from underneath the key illuminates the character on top of the key. A button on the keyboard turns on the backlighting with two possible brightness levels, providing easy viewing in any lighting condition -- including late-night gaming marathons.

The keyboard has two full-speed USB ports built in, making it easy to plug in a mouse, a headset or another peripheral, without filling up all the ports on the PC. The keyboard also features a gaming mode switch, which, when turned on, disables the Windows key so gamers won't get dropped out of a game if they accidentally press it.

The Logitech G15 keyboard will be available online and at retailers in the U.S., Europe and parts of Asia beginning in October. The keyboard will have a suggested retail price of $79.99 in the U.S.

Additionally, Logitech also launched the G5 and G7 gaming mouse.

logitech_g15_keyboard.jpg

[sOURCE]

the new logitech products are lacking a "sexyness" :(

586362630[/snapback]

Wow, sexy.

586362633[/snapback]

Well it depends to who you ask :laugh:

For me it's :x

Far too much... how do you put it... s*** on there, for my tastes. I want a plain, basic wireless keyboard and nothing else. All this extra crap is just that, extra crap, IMHO.

That keyboard looks a little tacky for me. I do like the backlighting on the keys though, if I could get a regular keyboard with backlighting like that I would buy it in an instant.

586362630[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking

It would be perfect with just the lcd and the backlit keys. They need to make a version without the extra buttons :)

586362687[/snapback]

:D

not trying to sound like everyone here but it does seem awefully bloated i cant get my head around it all it just seems like a desperate act from logitech to look innovative.

I'm remarkably unimpressed.

Who the hell looks at their keyboard when playing a game? Thats just asking for a rocket in the face.

Cherry still hold the crown for me. No crap, just keys that feel good.

586362630[/snapback]

thats arguably way sexier than my Logitech keyboard ( I have media keys on mine too, but this is the closest pic I could find)

logitech-deluxe-keyboard-black-ps2-oem.jpg

I like the look of it, I like the LCD idea, but the G keys sound like trouble to me. Forget to switch the 'M' setting and accidentally end up reloading, when what you really wanted to do was switch to a fully-loaded gun in a hurry!

Looks like this product's design was inspired from someone's anus. Revolting.

586362829[/snapback]

yes. it was.

:sleep:

thats arguably way sexier than my Logitech keyboard ( I have media keys on mine too, but this is the closest pic I could find)

logitech-deluxe-keyboard-black-ps2-oem.jpg

I like the look of it, I like the LCD idea, but the G keys sound like trouble to me. Forget to switch the 'M' setting and accidentally end up reloading, when what you really wanted to do was switch to a fully-loaded gun in a hurry!

586362945[/snapback]

im guessing the M key will light up

so you know which mode your in

i HOPE anyway :laugh:

its on the main site now : http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...CONTENTID=10717

Actually that would color match my Desk, Mouse, Towers, CRT's and LCD's. But function reliability I dunno I mean it's a nice to change the programming maybe have a game mode telling what keys to use under the game.

I don't trust these "3rd party" websites. I would like to see it from the official Logitech websites.

586362979[/snapback]

Check two posts up ;)

I wonder how well (and how, for that matter) the LCD will integrate into games like BF2.

This looks hawt and I'll have to get one but the new mouses they are releasing......

logitech_g7_mouse.jpg

I'm sorry but that looks horribly GAY :x

and the G5 isn't much better

logitech_g5_mouse.jpg

I don't trust these "3rd party" websites. I would like to see it from the official Logitech websites.

586362979[/snapback]

why dont you trust them? lol thats so stupid. :whistle:

While I do think that yes a keyboard doesn't need to necessarily need to look nice because you aren't looking at it all of the time. I however think it does look good from the tiny images at there site it does look good and has a great feature set.

I currently have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard it looks very sexy and the keys are backlit the same as the G15 yet it doesn't have some of the keys I've missed since it replaced my Logitech Elite keyboard it has only three multimedia keys which makes for a svelte profile, but doesn't help much when I'm in another application and want to change a track on a cd or stop and play. Bloated well that's up to you nobodys forcing you to like it or buy it.

I'll be looking for this and the G5 I can always return either and go back to my Eclipse and Mx518.

The G15, G5, G7 are all at Logitechs website dvhardware infact stole the image they have of the kb from Logitechs site