[Soccer] Michael Owen

Where do you think he'll be September 1st  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think he'll be September 1st

• Real Madrid
    • Liverpool
    • Newcastle United
    • Other

Just wondering what the general idea of where Michael Owen will be on September 1st.

I'd love to see him up here in Newcastle, he'd be a legend on Tyneside as soon as he joined. He partners well with Shearer too, although he's getting on.

Newcastle have agreed a fee with Real Madrid, but I still think Rafa Benitez has something up his sleeve to bring him to Liverpool, (despite repeatedly saying he's only in the market for a defender) at any time and snatch him away from under Souness's nose.

BBC Sport: Magpies agree Owen fee

Anyway, just thought I'd put it up. See what people thought, I know there's a few Newcastle fans around here as well as I'm sure there'll be many Liverpool fans.

i'm a man utd fan but i wouldn't mind newcastle to have him. just means more competition with the top 3 which can only be a good thing for the game, as long as he doesn't score any goals against man u i'll be happy lol

I don't mind who he goes to (I support Man U) but surely he'll go to the Magpies. He's agreed to sign. Even though he wants to go to Liverpool. I doubt Rafael will pull something, it seems to me he's made his point quite clear.

i'm a man utd fan but i wouldn't mind newcastle to have him. just means more competition with the top 3 which can only be a good thing for the game, as long as he doesn't score any goals against man u i'll be happy lol

586424793[/snapback]

Newcastle...? Goals? Surely you have us mistaken with somebody else.

Maybe in the good old days of Shearer/Ferdinand, but not now. We've only got Shearer for now, Ameobi doesn't know what on Earth he's doing, and Chopra (although quickly becoming rather good) doesn't have enough experience...and injured.

It would be sad to see Owen at Newcastle apparently they have made a 15mill offer now it is up to Micheal Owen weather he wants to go or not. But the reason is im a Liverpool fan but i think Owen will go to Newcastle but i would hate him 2.

Michael who?

He does what exactly?

oh yeah...gets paid way over the odds to kick a ball around with a load of other boys in shorts.

Interesting.

He was saying in an interview yesterday i think, he would either go to liverpool permanently, or newcastle on loan...

To me, Newcastle are a club on the slide, and they aren't even in any sort of european competition this season :s

Michael who?

He does what exactly?

oh yeah...gets paid way over the odds to kick a ball around with a load of other boys in shorts.

Interesting.

586424872[/snapback]

Indeed. Like a lot of them. However, I'm sure they wouldn't click a thread clearly labeled with the [soccer] prefix to say something irrelevant. :blink:

Beckham might...but he's different...he's special.

Indeed. Like a lot of them. However, I'm sure they wouldn't click a thread clearly labeled with the [soccer] prefix to say something irrelevant.  :blink:

Beckham might...but he's different...he's special.

586425005[/snapback]

lol@special Beckham.

Also, I wonder what he thinks now everyone knows he married a cross-dresser.

Kermal (off Big Bro) <-- How MUCH does he look like Posh Spice?

Too funny.

and as for clicking on a soccer thread, I didn't I just clicked from the front page on newest threads, its' a always a lottery ;-)

hehe

i'm not a great fan of newcastle they don't seem that atractive much.

I think it's good for owen to play back in england and he can get to meet his england team mates some more.

I think it would be cool if he went to man utd thou and joined up with rooney.

I'm a pompey boy !!!

PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP

i'm not a great fan of newcastle they don't seem that atractive much.

586425183[/snapback]

Haha, funny that. Yet you seem to get all of our players :laugh:

*cough* Robert, Griffin, O' brien, Lua Lua *end cough*

I think he has already agreed to sign for Newcastle Utd. for a year long loan and then as part of the deal transfer over to Liverpool after the season is over. As a Liverpool Reds fan..I think we need him back for more striking power and he could help fill the void that Milan Baros left when he was sold to Aston Villa.

I think he has already agreed to sign for Newcastle Utd. for a year long loan and then as part of the deal transfer over to Liverpool after the season is over. As a Liverpool Reds fan..I think we need him back for more striking power and he could help fill the void that Milan Baros left when he was sold to Aston Villa.

586428251[/snapback]

And I'm sure Newcastle will aggree to that :blink: I don't think he will go to Liverpool and if I was a Newcastle fan I wouldn't want him after he said he doesn't really want to go there.

I'm actually suprised that a striker with his proven goal scoring record hasn't attracted more interest. I think it's because Real have priced him to high. ?15M for your 4 choice striker when they only paid ?12M for him a year ago. He hasn't done that much to merrit a ?3M price increase.

Winger and a Centre back. Rafas priorities.

Owen, I am not convinced he'll come back to us after what Rafa said but he did have a smile on his face this was in an interview I saw after the Sofia game.

Goals.. that's what he's best at, the strikers we have now haven't cut the mustard yet.

Give them time.. still got Crouchy there.

Edited by Marba_Tee

I bet he really regrets leaving us a year ago, especially as we went on to win the European Cup. Michael does not want to go to Newcastle, and if he has forced to he doesnt want to go there permanately (but Newcastle only want to take him permanately). He really wants to come back to Liverpool, but he stitched the club up a year ago and Rafa is a bit reluctant to take him back.

Personally I would love him to come back to Liverpool, purely because scoring 158 goals in 297 appearences is a phenomnal record, and now with his injuries behind him and him becoming an even better player in Madrid he could improve on that.

I dont think he is stupid enough to go to Newcastle.

Newcastle seem to be the only club who are majororly interested. I would go there, might as well give it a shot.

586429543[/snapback]

I wouldn't go there since Newcastle Utd. have a lot of problems not only with Graeme Souness..(terrible coach), but also the fact that if they bring Michael Owen in..they will sell Germaine Genas to Tottenham for 9m pounds. What is the point of bringing a striker in and then selling a midfielder who can feed him the ball? I just don't understand Newcastle Utd. and their future looks very grim. After the departures of Bernard, Robert and Bellamy..the team just doesn't feel the same. If they don't get Owen, they better be careful not to get relegated.

Well Newcastle have already brought in a striker/left winger who actually wants to play for the team and not cry about it like Robert.

Bellamy, although a very good player in himself, was a disruptive influence to the team. No matter how good a player is, you can't have someone running around annoying everyone.

Bernard, I do see as a loss, it's a pity Newcastle didn't snap him back up when they had the chance.

However, they're already linked with Spurs target Dirk Kuyt. So there's another striker that could be brought in by Wednesday. Liverpool will probably come in for Owen and scupper the chances of him going to Newcastle, so this is covering their backs.

Scott Parker is an ideal replacement for JJ if he does end up being sold, which I don't see being very likely in the near future. Maybe in January, but by Wednesday seems to be pushing it a bit. I'd say it's the midfield in which we could afford to lose a player like JJ to make the money for a new striker. Not that the club really needs more money, just means Freddy Shepherd will have to pull his finger out and delve into his deep deep pockets.

Parker, Bowyer (who can be a bit of trouble, but is one hardworking player), Dyer, Milner, N'Zogbia, Emre, Luque (when he plays there) are all good players. Their only problem is they're on a major downer through lack of confidence, which is only going to get worse the longer it goes on.

On their day, these players can be a very strong backbone for the squad.

I think relegation is a bit far to say though. Although they're in the relegation zone at the moment, and probably will be after the Man United game too, 4 games in is a bit soon to be predicting where we'll be at the end of the season. With or without Owen.

Parker, Bowyer (who can be a bit of trouble, but is one hardworking player), Dyer, Milner, N'Zogbia, Emre, Luque (when he plays there) are all good players. Their only problem is they're on a major downer through lack of confidence, which is only going to get worse the longer it goes on.

On their day, these players can be a very strong backbone for the squad.

Woah...didn't realise I'd typed so much.

Well Newcastle have already brought in a striker/left winger who actually wants to play for the team and not cry about it like Robert.

586439209[/snapback]

He cant want to play for Newcastle that much because he publically expressed that Liverpool was his dream move :laugh:

Newcastle are second best as per usual, taking everyone's rejects.

Woah...didn't realise I'd typed so much.

586439209[/snapback]

Probably because you typed one bit twice ;)

i think Owen can prefer staying at Real Madrid,

Liverpool don't need forward any more , they need Mid-field.

NewCastle UTD is not a place for such a world-class forward. (i'm sorry that i may hurt some NCU fans)

Staying at Real M may be hard. Owen may not earn enough chance to ensure his position. But i believe in him. Robinho is not better than him.

Someone are worrying about owen's position in 2006 World cup. but IMO it's not a problem.

it's impossible that Mr. Ericsson will put Owen on the bench in big and important matches. Rooney and Owen are always the first choice.

Edited by Coreguy

What you guys think?

As a Liverpool supporter i think it would be great to see him back at Anfield on a permanant basis but i also realise we need a CB, but that seems sorted with rumours of Woodgate or Bouma coming to Anfield.