Update XPAmp?

Back in 2003 n00dle and I made a visual style XPAmp. I'm sure some of you remember it. since it's release it has been downloaded about 500,000 times from various sites.

Today I was thinking that maybe I would redo many parts of the theme because if you use it, it really does show it's age. the theme was pretty advanced for it's time though.

I would just like some comments/feedback. Is there still an interest in the visual style?

small preview of what it was...

xpampscreensmall.jpg

link to original topic on my forums for it. still with working downloads.

if you guys would like an update please say so here. also make sure to tell me what you would like.

I had no idea you had that many color schemes. I think if you could rework the taskbar, it could really be a hit.

586479276[/snapback]

there's another color scheme in a seperate download also on my forum.

what do you think should be done to the taskbar?

i'm leaving this completely up to you guys. i never really used the themes so it doesn't matter much to me what changes.

I like the VS overall...but I think bangbang is onto something. Maybe if the taskbar didn't standout so much (by way of coloring and bevel) it would be much more attractive. I really do like it so far though! Good job!

None of the colors really appeal to me.? I also think that the taskbar needs an overhaul.

586480942[/snapback]

the colors (and names) match winamp color schemes that came with winamp 5 in it's beta releases.

Edited by StevoFC

I like this theme a lot and have used it not only on my desktop but on others I've done for people. For certain wallpapers like pics of motorbikes it's the best out there IMO. The variety of colors lets you have the same VS w/ different colors of wallpapers, which is a plus. My major problem with it is that the taskbar/captions are too thick. I can narrow the caption bars of course but then they look a bit disproportionate and the taskbar still doesn't narrow enough. As it is the caption buttons seem a little small in relation to the caption bar.

Now a lot of thin taskbar styles have come out, so I would prefer them to XPAmp. Besides that I might like a larger start button, but I'd have to see it first.

Even if you don't update, thanks for a good and distinctive style. It really was advanced for its time and very well done.

I loved that theme

all Colors

But now i'm more into Compact startpanel and aero shells

maybe you can make your Vs like that

love to see that

Keep up the good work

Great theme for its time, but I think it's good enough as it is as to not warrant an update. I certainly used it for a long time back when it came out, though, so if it were "redone," so to speak, I'd probably end up using it again!

sorry to post again so quickly but i was just messing around a bit...

do you like these buttons (ok, cancel, apply) better than in the old version? i also changed the scrollbars. in the preview you see it looks ok with the area behind the actual scroll button so dark, but when using it i don't think it looks good at all so i will be redoing that again also.

modernupdate1.jpg

sorry to post again so quickly but i was just messing around a bit...

do you like these buttons (ok, cancel, apply) better than in the old version? i also changed the scrollbars. in the preview you see it looks ok with the area behind the actual scroll button so dark, but when using it i don't think it looks good at all so i will be redoing that again also.

modernupdate1.jpg

586483277[/snapback]

Yes, I do like the buttons. I tried to get you to switch to them 2 years ago. I have always liked this VS and ported into WB and is still on my computer more then 2 years later.

Personally, I like the taskbar and startbutton the way they are as it goes perfect with Winamp 5. You and n00dle did a great job with this. I just ported some of the ideas from the other one that was made at the time as I thought it had some nice features at the time. Your's always served as the base as it was the far better of the two.

I hope you carry on!!!

post-3332-1126015675_thumb.jpg

I remember my first post on this forum a little while back was me searching for this VS.

A search on google brought me here, and I've been visiting ever since ^_^

Loved the VS, the black was what appealed to me. Since then, I still have it, still use it occasionally, but the title bars just seem so ugly to me now.

The black taskbar is still my favorite taskbar, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I LOVED this style for quite awhile. Well, the MonoDark version specifically. I love black styles, since I do a lot of work on my PC at night with no lights on, it's easier to work with than a very bright theme. In fact it was the only black style I liked until KoL released the Longhorn 5203 style.

I haven't used your style in probably at least a month or so, but specifically I can remember not liking the way the applications focused or alerting you in the taskbar were displayed. Those tasks just had a small gray dot in the upper right corner, which was pretty difficult to see, and I often would click the task to the very right of the dot, which was not the actual one wanting attention. If the whole button either was a lighter shade of black, or maybe the dot was a completely different color, something noticeable, that would help.

I can't remember what else I didn't like, but when I get back to my main pc I'll reinstall it and come up with some other stuff.

ok bro heres my suggestions i love the theme ive used since it came out and i saw it on themexp., heres my suggestions,

i personally like how it is, just needs updated

new color schemes

new start button

taskbar changed make it like a square or something and have 2 modes, compact and regular,

more then 5 original colors,

make the ok apply, and other buttons squarish or do a minimilistic theme to them, either or makes me happy,

and if anyone else has suggestions add them, cuase seriously i like lots of different htings, and i would love to see this theme go places i use it alot.