VXP - Beta Release

Great work Winswy! I now have this on every pc that I own and I'm finding it very easy on the eyes. The new progress bar is a site to be seen. The amount of work that goes into a visual style is amazing. I can see the focus on detail was not lost in this style.

I think a lot will like this once they get a chance to use it.

Get it now. :D

UPDATE RC3 available in post # 68 on Page 5

OR RC3 with fonts , walls and shell from DA at link below.

I decided to start a new thread in the hopes that the air may be cleared from the previous one and in general just to keep things neater.

------------------------------------------

VXP..A New Classic..

After workin long and hard on this for about 6 weeks i feel confident i can release an RC1 version so that people may get a chance to get a look at what i hope will be an enduring classic theme.

Several elements of the theme are yet to be completed but for the majority of users this should at this point be a useable , comfortable and easy on the eyes visual style.

Please feel free to post bugs reports and suggestions and when i get the time i will fix any issues and complete the entire theme.

I wont be doing any other color variations

A compact version IS in the works by Matt0. (special thanks to Bloodwork also)

A Winamp skin is in the works by Matt0.

A Trillian skin is in the works by Danimator.

Logon is in the works by Athletictrainer1981 ( Ill post a screen of it tommorrow)

A Windowblinds version will be done by Pas When final VS is complete.

Also several walls will be incuded in the final version.

NOT COMPLETED: VERTICAL TASKBAR AREAS and SHELLSTYLE.

I'd like to thank all my pre-beta testers , they are AthleticTrainer1981, Meshuggah,

IGuaNAdoN, Danimator, Matt0, NoLimit05 and MOST of all, Bmac for their patience and helpfulness during the compilation of this effort.

Also my good friend Tom (LightStar) as even when he's not helping me , he's helping me.

DOnt forget to let me know what u think and be sure to visit MY SITE @ www.maxstyles.com

I am not allowing public modifications of this style

You can pick up a copy of the vs at DA

DONT FORGET TO INSTALL THE FONTS !! :laugh:

post-43522-1126416411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Winswy

but the overall feel i just too ... kindergarten-ish ...?:wacko::

I feel that with Luna, but this style looks great IMO. waiting for it to be 100% done meanwhile just testing thnx Winswy

Its pretty nice.

The only thing that really annoys me about this VS is that some areas that used to be white are now a little grey. I've attached an example of it in firefox. It was probably meant to be that way, or cant be changed, but I personally prefer it when its white. (If you open My Computer or something, the address bar is still white.

Im sure its just personal preference.

post-81387-1126443963.jpg

your best theme so far, but there is still room for improvment (white window borders, some background colors errors, space between the taskbar and a full screen window or the start menu ...)

some parts look good, but the overall feel i just too ... kindergarten-ish ...?:wacko::

maybe a monochromatic version ? (tan +1 additional colour ? )

586508289[/snapback]

No other color variations planned.

Its pretty nice.

The only thing that really annoys me about this VS is that some areas that used to be white are now a little grey.? I've attached an example of it in firefox.? It was probably meant to be that way, or cant be changed, but I personally prefer it when its white.? (If you open My Computer or something, the address bar is still white.

Im sure its just personal preference.

586508966[/snapback]

I will work on other than IE borwser issues as time permits, that window will be white.

no props for me? f:(e :(...wake up

586509171[/snapback]

Sorry, knew i forgot one.. probably cos i havent been able to get a hold of u in a couple of da:p :p anyway, i added:)a :)

your best theme so far, but there is still room for improvment (white window borders, some background colors errors, space between the taskbar and a full screen window or the start menu ...)

586509514[/snapback]

Thanks, but it would help iif you were more specific in your critique. I honestly do not understand what u mean with any of those issues and this IS a Beta RC1.

alright man i have problem i guess... Some of the buttons i get are really dark like on neowin and its hard to read the text (i mean not hard but you know)... here is what im talking about (and they are all ther when i go to post this reply in the more options reply)

post-26431-1126463309_thumb.jpg

Got it applied now and it's looking very good (especially the cation buttons ;)?;)) ).? This wonder border is like a punch in the face though, just stands out so much

586510079[/snapback]

Im not quite sure how much a punch in the face it could as the window borders are the same as most VS currently out there.:blink:k:

Perhaps Matt0 could address the windowborders in his compact version. Actually i wouldnt even know how to slim them i have always used 3 pixel borders.

alright man i have problem i guess... Some of the buttons i get are really dark like on neowin and its hard to read the text (i mean not hard but you know)... here is what im talking about (and they are all ther when i go to post this reply in the more options reply)

586510195[/snapback]

I will make the darker blue state in the image slightly lighter for the next release but i cannot change it dramatically without redoing all the blue elements of the theme. And yes USC will lose... to Notre Dam:p:p

Im not quite sure how much a punch in the face it could as the window borders are the same as most VS currently out there.  :blink:

Perhaps Matt0 could address the windowborders in his compact version. Actually i wouldnt even know how to slim them i have always used 3 pixel borders

586510763[/snapback]

I'm talking about the black line going around the inside window with all the icons, I'm not asking for the borders to be slimmed down. That black line just sticks out in a bad way.

im seriously not seeing that black line anywhere on my PC bloodwork, what app \ window are u showing there, as u see in first page screenshot i do not have that line in my explorer windows.