Sept 11, 2001

Is it only me.. or does nobody remember the anniversery of september 11, 2001?

I know it has been 4 years already, but CNN, nor neowin, or any news site for that matter has talked about september 11, 2001 today. I find it kinda sad that nobody even thinks about it with Hurricane Katrina caos taking place... Have people forgotten?

Well, I don't know about other people but personally, I haven't forgotten. I'm just sick of hearing about it just because it happens to be the anniversary. And I have posted something on my site expressing such feelings (albeit in less words).

I remember watching the planes go in to the towers, live on T.V. They were discussing it on the radio last night, I won't digress as who is responsable is another thread, dam shame all those innocent people lost their lives.

Wow, I thought today was the 10th.

You know, I think part of CNN not covering it lies in the fact that, to the media, its a dead horse and with Katrina, there's more pressing matters. I still remember that day so vividly. Then again, when your city gets turned upside and your dad is literally a block away (plane engine landed down the street from him), it's not that easy to forget. No pity is needed for me, though. I feel bad for someone like my dad. He witnessed bodies raining from the sky. Not dead people, but living people trying to escape the inferno.

i think that a small act of terrorism like hat has been thought of for so long when alot of people make jokes and or have forgotten how many people died in the tsunami which is alot lot more

No one has forgotten - and no one will ever forget,

but what do you want the world to do? Sit and cry about it again and again, year after year?

Today is 2005, not 2001. It's time to move on.

I don't know about anyone else, but I surely haven't forgotten about what happened on that day. I still remember what I was doing at the moment I heard about the planes crashing into the buildings. It was one of the worst days that I can remember. But I also think that there is a time that you have to move on with your life.

Edited by illicit

i do remember, although i only remebered earlier today, and i am ashamed at the fact that i forgot about it, although i did only learn the date earlier today,....thought it was Sept 7th or something today...:s

There is a pretty interesting documentary on the history channel about 9/11 and the 9/11 commission right now.

586509947[/snapback]

rofl to that one .. 9/11 commission

i remember this day as a treason to your country and the rest of the world

Wow, I thought today was the 10th.

You know, I think part of CNN not covering it lies in the fact that, to the media, its a dead horse and with Katrina, there's more pressing matters. I still remember that day so vividly. Then again, when your city gets turned upside and your dad is literally a block away (plane engine landed down the street from him), it's not that easy to forget. No pity is needed for me, though. I feel bad for someone like my dad. He witnessed bodies raining from the sky. Not dead people, but living people trying to escape the inferno.

586509926[/snapback]

ohh.. after all these years bangbang, i never knew you lived in New York... that's scary stuff.. i can't begin to imagine what you went threw that day...

but what do you want the world to do? Sit and cry about it again and again, year after year?

586509941[/snapback]

WOW.. if your not gonna post anything nice, don't post at all..

did i say, lets all cry about it.. i noticed NOBODY has even mentioned it.. no memorial threads.. news, images, nothing. thanks for the suport y0sh...

rofl to that one .. 9/11 commission

i remember this day as a treason to your country and the rest of the world

586509969[/snapback]

:rofl:

I didn't remember until someone told me about it this morning. I guess it never really affected me.

I don't think i'll ever forget about what happened that day. However, I sure am not about to waste my time living in the past, especially when there are problems of much greater importance happening now. Should I stop my day and mourn or remember for every day in history for when something bad or memorable happened? No. Does that mean I don't care? Of course not. I won't live my life in the past. I'm glad all the news agencies aren't wasting their time with this. Almost nobody wants to go through this over and over again.

While I believe the media should be focussing on Katrina, I find it odd that I havn't seen any memorial services (televised) for those who lost their lives and loved-ones 4 yrs ago today.

I hope that most people affected by 9/11 in one way or another have moved on with their lives.

ohh.. after all these years bangbang, i never knew you lived in New York... that's scary stuff.. i can't begin to imagine what you went threw that day...

586509988[/snapback]

That day was rough, but the time afterward was the really difficult part. The realization takes a while and can only really hit you once the panic dies down.

I just wrote a brief blog entry on it:

http://www.bangbang023.com/wordpress/archives/39

I remember my my dad coming into the kitchen and saying that a jumbo jet had gone into the WTC. My mom turned it on, and we watched the second one hit. :/ I remember I was eating Lucky Charms (Which my sister had doodled to say "Unlucky Charms" and drew scrapes and bruises on the leprechaun), which I thought was pretty ironic. Elementary school started and I ran to school (Without stopping!) and told the teacher. :p

I agree with this.