Advent Children: What'd you think?

What did you think of Advent Children?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Advent Children?

• Amazing!
    • Very Good
    • Decent
    • Meh...
    • Terrible

Now that you've got Advent Children, either from Japan or by, ahem, "other" means, what do you think of it? Lived up to your expectations? Let you down? Voice your opinion!

586514516[/snapback]

piracy makes your dick smaller... :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p

haven't watch it yet, but I rather wait a few days more to get the bells and whistles edition of it... :happy: ;) :yes:

Edited by Spartan_X

Didn't like the trailer, so not even going to bother watching it. From what I've read one should have played FF games to understand wtf is going on. Otherwise you are just watching pretty pictures.

Didn't like the trailer, so not even going to bother watching it. From what I've read one should have played FF games to understand wtf is going on. Otherwise you are just watching pretty pictures.

586514887[/snapback]

Well, really, only FF7. It's basically a follow-up to that game...

...which does happen to be one of the best RPGs ever, so therefore worth every hour spent playing.

yes me as well, there is no point to watch it now if i don't understand japanese. i mean i know some words and phrases but a whole show? haha, i'll wait.

586514909[/snapback]

Yeah, otherwise it will be a very long jaw-dropping ... wtf? :rofl:

I'm waiting for the English subs to come out before I watch it. ;)

586514897[/snapback]

yes me as well, there is no point to watch it now if i don't understand japanese. i mean i know some words and phrases but a whole show? haha, i'll wait.

The English subs ARE out.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I just finished watching it a few seconds ago, and lemme tell you, I wish I'd put something higher than "awesome" on the poll. I'm still grinning from how good it was, and I'm not even a huge, mega, uber-FFVII fan like a lot of other people. Highly, highly, highly recommended.

hehehe... go tell that to your GF and see how it goes...  :devil:  :laugh:  :rofl:  :p  :whistle:

586514987[/snapback]

You seem you can't emphasize that enough? :p

And I sure as hell am gonna see this! :) Just gotta find it by "other" means :ninja:

You seem you can't emphasize that enough? :p

And I sure as hell am gonna see this! :) Just gotta find it by "other" means  :ninja:

586515080[/snapback]

maybe cuz I'm the pure essence of evil... :devil: muahahahahaaaa!!!

ph33r m3! :laugh: :rofl: :p

Man, I'm sure this will look sweet, but I really hope the story isn't some vague "oh that was deep" excuse for a plot (like it looks it will be).

586516895[/snapback]

you've unfortunately hit the nail on the head. If you enjoy CGI sword fights/bike fights you'll love the movie. If you were looking for a stand alone story look elsewhere. If you haven't even heard of FF7(hey it might happen many think the last real FF was 3(6 w/e)) then skip it totally. It was meh.

It was good.

Nice story (from what the fansub told me).

The action scenes were fast paced and well done. I'm going to need to view this more than once to process everything.

As a person who hasn't played FF7 yet, it's not too hard to understand. They just don't elaborate on the characters and thier back story, so you're like "wait, who are they?".

But overall, I really enjoyed it.

Very, very awsome movie. But I'm a FF7 fan so I would love it no matter what. I like how it kinda had themes general audiences could get into though. I think they did a good job trying to entertain more than just gamers.