a few PSP questions

with school starting again, i'm back to my 4 hour commute. so with some time to kill on the bus/subway, i've been thinking about getting a PSP.

the current selection of games doesn't really impress me tho, the only game thats really got my attention is Hot Shots as i've been a Hot Shots fan since the first one on PS1...

the games i'm really looking for tho are RPGs. and i've seen some previews of some and they're looking promising. the problem is they're not coming out till next month or even later....

what i'm wondering is, how easy is it to get those SNES/NES/whatever else emulators on the PSP?

also, how stable is the SNES one?

if i end up getting one (maybe this week with the 1.5 firmware), i'd like to run Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger etc etc

secondly, do the emulators support multiplayer via wi-fi?

lastly, are there any other apps that can be run on PSP?

i know with the 2.0 firmware you browse the internet. is there a way to get MSN?

i've tried looking through the PSP 1.5 thread but it's just too much :wacko:

thanks in advance (Y)

Sorry, I don't know as much as I'd like about the homebrew scene because I (stupidly) upgraded my 1.5 firmware before there even was such as thing as homebrew on the PSP. However, I'll do the best I can to answer your questions.

First off, Hot Shots Golf, is AMAZING. It takes forever to unlock all the items, so you'll be playing it for a hell of a long time.

As for the emulators, it should be pretty easy to get them onto the system. There are programs out there that automate the process for you (I think the makers of PSP Video 9 have one), so no problems there. As for multiplayer via wi-fi, I sincerely doubt it.

As for other PSP apps, if you've got 1.5 firmware, there are tons of them. I mean, literally, tons. No problems finding something there that interests you, I'll bet.

As for MSN, I haven't heard anything about any messaging clients for 1.5 firmware, but I wouldn't say that it's impossible that there'll be one in the future.