Next Generation Hotmail Picture

Hmm, so they might be renaming it to Microsoft Mail, cause I see no HOT in that picture, but it does look cool! Kinda looks like start.com a little. Velrry interlesting (spelled wrong to pronounce it stranger, cause this is strange).

ill post a screenshot of mine.. i carnt see it been a problem :)

Personally i think it looks rubbish but its only a beta, it does work well and is much easyer to use.

post-23661-1126805981_thumb.jpg

notice the google stolen feature on top right of screen: Find in Mail

586529494[/snapback]

But a Search function in email programs has been around before google so it not a stolen feature

Doesn't look too much like GMail to me. Looks more like an Outlook type interface (which came before GMail, regardless of what you say).

Oh yeah... Outlook 2003 had the "conversation" view way before GMail did.

looks like gmail rip-off

586529489[/snapback]

What are you talking about? It doesn't look anything like Gmail. Looks like Outlook 2003. I wonder why they didn't just mod the existing Outlook 2003 webmail interface.

_--boocher

What are you talking about? It doesn't look anything like Gmail. Looks like Outlook 2003. I wonder why they didn't just mod the existing Outlook 2003 webmail interface.

_--boocher

586529595[/snapback]

As was said at the PDC, the replacement for the current Hotmail will be based upon the "MSN Platform", which was the basis for Start.com/Atlas.

This uses the same technology as OWA, and the implementation is obviously quite similar.

As was said at the PDC, the replacement for the current Hotmail will be based upon the "MSN Platform", which was the basis for Start.com/Atlas.

This uses the same technology as OWA, and the implementation is obviously quite similar.

586529639[/snapback]

So they did mod OWA in a sense. I like OWA for the little I've played with it.

_--boocher

If the knew hotmail looks like outlook 2003.. Doesn't that kinda mean the hotmail look will change again in like 2007 or even in 2008. It seems that every 2 years it's being changed. An will it's going to be kinda easy to tell what the next one is going to look like after this one is release..

hotmail.JPG

586529476[/snapback]

What build is that? I have mail Beta Build _11.00.0000.0156 and that's not it!

Oh and as sombody who uses Gmail AND Mail beta i can tell to they are very different (Mail beta has the preview plain making it much faster to read your mail).

[EDIT] Ah, just spoted that it's an internal build.[/EDIT]

[EDIT]Tjust checked, thats the refresh build that comes out next week, and WOW, what an update it's going to be!! It's really starting to leave Gmail behind!! Sorry but i can't post the details :( [/EDIT]

What build is that? I have mail Beta Build _11.00.0000.0156 and that's not it!

[EDIT]Tjust checked, thats the refresh build that comes out next week, and WOW, what an update it's going to be!! It's really starting to leave Gmail behind!! Sorry but i can't post the details  :( [/EDIT]

586529739[/snapback]

I'd been using build 0156 for about 2 or 3 weeks now... :happy: ;) :yes:

not much different than build 0151 on it's UI but it has a lot of plumbing work behind it... :woot:

notice the google stolen feature on top right of screen: Find in Mail

586529494[/snapback]

hotmail has had that feature all along, even before gmail im sure. it was just called "Find" before though.

look like Microsoft Outlook 2003.

586529528[/snapback]

my thoughts exactly :)