Nintendo Revolution Controller Revealed

http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2005/09/16/443527.html WATCH THE VIDEO OR DIE!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651224p1.html CONTROLLER EXAMPLES MUST READ!

http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275/imgs_1.html PICTURES!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651334p1.html SECOND LINK FOR THE VIDEO!

AND ONE LAST NOTE FROM AN INTERVIEW WITH PERRIN KAPLAN, THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DESIGN OF THE SYSTEM OR THE CONTROLLER. THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT.

http://etoychest.org/index.php?option=com_...sk=view&id=2691 INTERVIEW

Edited by Epimetheus

I'll have to wait for more info on the features to be released...so far it doesn't look like anything that needed to be kept a secret :/

EDIT: Guess I got home right on time too. Right when I get on the PC is the time the info's released :p

EDIT: Before people call me blind and ignorant, I'm referring to the wire between the controller and the peripheral. After I read more, I may change my opinion. Also, toned down my post.

I know my opinion will be viewed by fanboys as being anti-Nintendo and an affront to God, but it honestly is crap. Biggest problem?

There's a damn wire!

In a time where all the other competetors have taken a strong step into the wireless age, an age Nintendo used to own, Nintendo has taken two steps firmly backwards.

I guess I'll have to get used to it, but I think the Revolution is going to be the official death knell of Nintendo.

Edited by obake

I know my opinion will be viewed by fanboys as being anti-Nintendo and an affront to God, but it honestly is crap. Biggest problem?

THERE'S A GODDAMN WIRE!

In a time where all the other competetors have taken a strong step into the wireless age, an age Nintendo used to own, Nintendo has taken two steps firmly backwards.

I guess I'll have to get used to it, but I think the Revolution is going to be the official death knell of Nintendo.

586532115[/snapback]

Isn't that a wire used to connect attachments to the main controller. It still is wireless though, from the main system...

THERE'S A GODDAMN WIRE!

586532115[/snapback]

Features at a glance:

* Remote control design: constructed to appeal to a wide variety of potential players

* 3D Pointing: Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.

* Tilt Sensitive: Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.

* Buttons Included: Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.

* Multifunctional: Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.

* Wireless: Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.

* Rumble Built-in. Included standard in all the controllers.

I've been thinking that Nintendo's out of touch with what's really popular since the N64.

And now that the pic has loaded....good lord, what are they thinking? Unless they sell downloads of all the old NES games for $1/ea, I'm ignoring Revolution with a furvor. I haven't enjoyed a Nintendo system since SNES, and that controller looks insanely stupid.

Sega's looking smarter by the day.

THERE'S A GODDAMN WIRE!

586532115[/snapback]

Did you happen to read the article at all? My guess woudl be NO. it says the wire is used controller attachments to the controller itself. The controller is wireless.

Did you happen to read the article at all? My guess woudl be NO. it says the wire is used controller attachments to the controller itself.  The controller is wireless.

586532138[/snapback]

At the time of the posting, no, I hadn't. Traffic was still all FUBAR. I since have, and have revised my post. :)

I've been thinking that Nintendo's out of touch with what's really popular since the N64.

And now that the pic has loaded....good lord, what are they thinking?  Unless they sell downloads of all the old NES games for $1/ea, I'm ignoring Revolution with a furvor.  I haven't enjoyed a Nintendo system since SNES, and that controller looks insanely stupid.

Sega's looking smarter by the day.

586532135[/snapback]

Please. Read the hands on review by ign and others. The possibilities for this is amazing.

At the time of the posting, no, I hadn't. Traffic was still all FUBAR. I since have, and have revised my post. :)

586532146[/snapback]

The wire is extremely short. How can you possibly argue that it will get in the way?

I personally think its a great idea. I have a feeling it won't be successful because a lot of people fear change even if the premise is good and will scowl on this because they can't take it.

Goddamn they need to post demos of this in use stat.  This is going to be awesome for Zelda.

586532150[/snapback]

you think you can move it around like its a sword in the next Zelda game for the Rev.

But it does look strange but maybe they will have a regular controler also and they just wanted to show this off first and a lot of people are jumping the gun.

Doesn't look very promising.  Nintendo should save the innovation for their games and keep the hardware simple.  I bet this is going to backfire on them bigtime.

586532166[/snapback]

Just like when everyone made fun of the DS and said it would fail when it was shown to the world?

that is the most stupid controller i have ever seen, it will not sell well at all because of that pos.

586532151[/snapback]

POS? harsh. You dont like it, accepted. I bet how the Rev fanboys handle the criticism/bashing that lies ahead.

The wire is going to be there, after all it is an 'attachment'.

I'll wait till I use it before arriving at any conclusion. Just based on first looks, it looks good.