Who is getting a Nintendo "Revolution"? :)

Who plans to get one?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Who plans to get one?

• YES! Definitely!
    • No, getting an XBOX 360 and/or PS3.
    • No, only playing PC games.
    • No, not playing any or very few next-gen games.

The controller.. IS AMAZING!! Imagine the possibilities! It's awesome! Crazy cool! I can't wait!! They are gonna knock the competition outta the water!

Yeah I'm excited but its gonna be awesome!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm definitely getting an X360 before the end of the year.

I am still undecided on the PS3.

And as with all Nintendo consoles I've ever purchased, I'll be picking up the next Nintendo offering when the next Zelda game is released.

I want all three!! (that doesn't mean i can afford them all though :pinch: )

I applaud Nintendo for going out of their way to create something new with the technology available, good for them.

To be honest, I want the Revolution and some sort of PS3/XboX360 hybrid, seeing as they are so similar. A 360 with Playstation-style controller and plays both PS3 and 360 games, that would be sweet!

YES! Definitely! + getting an XBOX 360 and PS3 + playing PC games goes for me.

A true game cares about the games, not what company made the hardware. :cool:

586536570[/snapback]

great quote

I hate the controller so far, but I'll get it for the retro-NES games at least, and to give it a chance. I haven't liked a Nintendo system since SNES myself, so this'll be either third time's a charm or three strikes and I'm done w/ Nintendo.

I will buy one simply because Nintendo makes it.

Now, before I'm labelled a blind fanboy....

I've been purchasing consoles based on this line of thinking since I got my NES. I have yet to be displeased.

Every system they've put out has had some fault in a way, for the most part. IE, the N64 didn't have enough good 3rd party games and prettymuch no RPG's worth playing...

BUT, I have always been pleased with my purchase of a Nintendo console. Super Mario 64 alone justified buying an N64 in my eyes, much less the two incredible Zelda games, Star Fox and so on. My Gamecube got tons of playtime through Super Monkey Ball, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing etc. My DS is following the same path, with Super Mario 64 now being able ot be played outside in parks etc.

They often seem to have a limited game selection, but there is ALWAYS a game I find absolutely incredible out for their systems, and they're always just plain fun to play.

The Revolution is looking to be no different. Maybe it will be the least popular out of the three new consoles, and 3rd party support will dwindle. I still have no doubt Nintendo themselves will release a handful of titles that are just mindblowingly good, titles good enough to justify the purchase of a new console in my eyes.

I like Nintendo's method of focusing more on gameplay rather than creating some multimedia machine. I have a modded XBox so I don't need a more powerful and more expensive version with a 400$ pricetag. I might buy a PS3 simply because there are so many good PS2 games I want to play, and it can play them, and I'm sure it will have good games for it as well.