GMA 900 DX9 Onboard and DWM Effects..HOW?

how do i enable the glass effects and the DWM animations (min/max widows effects)in the latest build of vista?i tried tweakvista and it doesnt work in this build. i also tried the other 5048 build suggestion...no go. how do you enable all the effects on a fully compatible dx9 card?

add another keys in DWM:

DWORD Glass - 1

DWORD EnableMachineCheck - 0

DWORD Metal - 0

DWORD UseAlternateButtons - 0

If above keys not working after log off, try below:

Browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

Here, you will need to add two DWord keys: MILExplorer and MILDesktop, give them both a value of 1

The DWM works on my old Intel GMA (on 865G)

i did this and it worked!

To make it simpler, simply open Notepad, paste the following and save the file as Sex.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DWM]

"EnableMachineCheck"=dword:00000000

Now double click on Sex.reg, click OK twice, then reboot Windows Vista.

This will enable the new effects on older graphic cards or new graphics with no compatible LDDM drivers (such as nVidia cards on build 5219, using this method with Windows XP driver from www.nvidia.com works better than Vista LDDM drivers)

I found this on a page:

By the way minimum hardware for the Glass look will be DirectX 9 graphics cards with three levels

Aero Diamond (not seen yet ?)(I just read that Vista MCE has the codename Diamond so I strongly suspect this is the MCE interface)

Aero Glass (Normal Vista interface, elements from the beta 2 visible)

Aero Express (classic I would say or the lowest UI candy)

Classic (old school Windows)

The lowest end hardware that will do it is the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (GMA 900 & 950) so all GeForce FX,6,7 and ATI 95++, Xxxx & Xxxxx will do it plus anything else out there that conforms to SM 2.0 hardware.