Will You Change to WindowBlinds 5?

Looks like WB 5 will be out pretty soon http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?...1&AID=86883&c=1

I'm wondering whether many people will break down & buy it given its supposed new features (i.e. Vista-like glass effects). Also wondering whether creators of .msstyle visual styles will "migrate" more & more to WB releases only. I actually have a paid license for WB 4.x, but I uninstalled & hacked the uxtheme.dll b/c I really wanted to use non-WB VS's like LE4. What's your opinion?

Im currently using 4.6, so yes, i will use 5. However, im not sure i'll be implementing all the new effects. I just like it because it takes less resources for me. Using a simple skin, that's all. :)

It's cool to see some of the future Vista GUI incorporated into WinXP. Depending on performance and originality of themes I may just jump ship. Having said that I have a strange feeling that once we get an exact Vista theme we may just be treated to a different colours rather than anything really different. Hell, maybe Stardock will include an exact Vista theme such as the ones in their screenshots which would put Vista porters in a redundant position.

probably not, i love the uxtheme.dll hack as it's so much simpler and doesn't use any system resources :)

586551312[/snapback]

It does so use system resources. Many more than WindowBlinds even. It is just hidden in the svchost.exe files.

I will definately be using WB5. I can't wait for Kol to update the VistaXP theme to have semi-transparent borders.

Yeah, like DrDrrae said, Windowblinds uses LESS resources than the uxtheme.dll patch (and 5 will have even more improvements, I'm sure..). Also, "so much simpler"? Using uxtheme.dll, you're patching a system file, and then go through the hassle of getting your skins to work with it... plus, it doesn't even skin as many elements of the GUI as Windowblinds does. I mean, Windowblinds is pretty simple guys. Install the program, double click on a theme....

So, yeah, I will be using Windowblinds 5 when it comes out. The glass will be neat, but I'm looking forward to alpha-blended edges and such.

Well my ObjectDesktop expires in two weeks, but most likely I'll be forking out the money for another year of updates. I've been impressed with the improvements that have been coming out as of late. :)

Mos likely i'll give it a try...

On another note - how do I select normal VS's when I have WB?

586552864[/snapback]

If you are using both the uxtheme hack along with WB, simply hold the Ctrl button while bringing up the Display Properties.

probably not, i love the uxtheme.dll hack as it's so much simpler and doesn't use any system resources :)

586551312[/snapback]

sorry but EVERY TIME u change a theme with the hack u are still useing up system resources every time u use a wallpapaer samething

yea ill be useing windowblinds 5

If you are using both the uxtheme hack along with WB, simply hold the Ctrl button while bringing up the Display Properties.

586552888[/snapback]

So, upon a re-boot/re-start, WB won't load? Or would one have to disable WB from running at startup?