PSP 2.00 -> 1.50 downgrader released

I've not tried it, but it's been confirmed by multiple sources.

Link

Utlises the buffer hack recently announced, downgrades 2.00 to 1.50. Weeeeeeee, white PSP + homebrew makes Dazzla a happy guy!

I've not tried it, but it's been confirmed by multiple sources.

Link

Utlises the buffer hack recently announced, downgrades 2.00 to 1.50. Weeeeeeee, white PSP + homebrew makes Dazzla a happy guy!

586586825[/snapback]

translation... USENET here we go!!! :devil: :blush: :happy: :ninja: ;) :whistle:

beat me to it, i was gonna post this too , hehehe good day for the psp scence... also for hombrew and for those who play illegeal games on thier psps.... Thank god i had FW 1.5 to begin with :)...

btw apart from any external sources like the Scene sites themselves has anyone else comfirmed this to work ?

and have u got a white PSP??? if so im soooo jelous ... me wants one :D

its also good news for people who are in the us and installed the jap firmware which had a different crc and wish to use the official us 2.0 firmware. you can downgrade and go back up to the us :D

Steps to use the MPH downgrader:

- Create an UPDATE folder in the /PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick

- Copy EBOOT.PBP (update 1.50) in /PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder

- Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip

- Copy overflow.tif in your /PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick

(make sure you have already changed your background to frame_buffer.png as explained in the toc2rta exploit.)

- Copy h.bin to root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/)

- Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick (meaning in ms0:/ as well)

- Plug the AC adaptor

You memory stick filesystem should look like this (where X is your memory sticks directory):

X:/h.bin

X:/index.dat

X:/PSP/PHOTO/overflow.tif (with no other pictures in there)

X:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP (the 1.50 Firmware update eboot)

What you do next is go into the Photo Menu on the PSP and it will show some jumbled text, which is normal. Wait about 30 seconds and then restart your PSP.

From there you will now have a new file in your PSP?s root directory called ms0:/index.dat.bak. In the next step you will go to your Game Menu, Then Memory Stick, and then Launch ?PSP Update ver 1.50.?

It will then ask you if you really want to downgrade and then lead you along to the actual installing. Here is where I got scared. It installed to 99% then errored. This is OK. Restart your PSP and turn it back on. It will come up with another error which is OK as well. Press O and you will have PSP firmware version 1.50, and it will lead you through setting up language and time etc.

I can confirm these steps work as this is what I followed to get mine back down to 1.5.