Halo in DOA4

October 3, 2005 - Bungie.net posted an update this morning confirming rumors that a character from the Halo universe will be playable in DOA4. The post states:

"Bungie has indeed been chatting with the good folks over at Team Ninja. We're huge fans of DOA and Ninja Gaiden, and when Team Ninja approached us with an intriguing idea, well, we were intrigued. Naturally. Tomonobu Itagaki's team is among the most talented in the games business, and we've SEEN the character in action. Words like, OMG, BBQ and Zoinks immediately come to mind. What they've done so far, is perfectly capture the essence of (insert crackpot theory here) and bring an element of Halo directly into the DOA world. It's cool. And by cool, I mean totally sweet."

There is no word yet on who or what this character could be but here at IGN we really hope it's not 343 Guilty Spark. For now I'll keep my money on Cortana. We'll likely have more Halo announcements coming soon from X05 in Amsterdam.

Source: IGN.com

Weird... I guess this was the "big announcement" everyone was talking about?

Now that is just stupid :s

586618156[/snapback]

I know. Hopefully they won't be bastardizing the DOA storyline to somehow fit the Halo universe into it.

"Ayane and Ryu were sucked into a portal, and suddenly attacked by a big, smelly alien thing! They were about to die when a super-soldier dude and his holographic lady friend stepped in to save them! DOA4!!!"

It's probably like the inclusion of Link/Spawn/Tekken guy in Soul Calibur 2.

I doubt there will be any changing of the DOA story.. It's probably just for laughs :)

I'm 100% sure it won't change the story, it will be some character you just need to unlock. BTW I hope he doesn't speek japanese :) That's about the only thing I don't like about Team Ninja games is they don't get them dubbed in English.

that is not the ONLY big announcement. You should really get in the habit of reading articles from the source when possible. If you go to the bungie.net article here DOA vs. Halo and read down a bit, you'll get this quote "Who is this mysterious character? We can?t say. Almost every denizen of our universe has some kind of capacity for violence, and it could be anyone?or anything. So keep guessing. The answer will be revealed in tiOh, and although I did hint at this surprise in last week's update, that wasn't everything.... "

So, there's more.

-Spenser

This could actually work well. If you think it could be master chief they could pattern his fighting style to be similar to that of an unamred marine or us army soldier (the way they are tought to fight when unarmed. Ive never played DOA but if they have "finishing moves" he could then use a gun or something :p

if u read the story on bungie's website here and scroll down.

Why is Cortana's shadow moving like that ? :D (assuming its not Miranda Keys)

doalineup.gif

LOL and the breasts are jumping just like they all do in DOA.

And even if she would be a real person and not holographical it could fit into the story of DOA... Cortana would just be representation of that ancient human  :rofl:

586619460[/snapback]

It's in line with the whole DOA girls thing :D.

586619463[/snapback]

well I don't know anything about DOA :D so found it funny :laugh:

LOL and the breasts are jumping just like they all do in DOA.

And even if she would be a real person and not holographical it could fit into the story of DOA... Cortana would just be representation of that ancient human :rofl:

I like how they say "Confirming Rumours"

Oh yeah, me and my friend were just talking about it last week *rolls eyes*

There were no rumours of this that I can remember.