FF 7 question

Square Enix has not announced a remake yet no. But the FFVII:AC limited edition DVD is going to include 30min of re-animated scenes from FFVII so if they did they already have a start. a lot of people would like if that happened so I'm sure Square Enix has considered it.

I thought there was talk about making one for the PS3, but it was scrapped because it would take too long to do. Something along those lines, I think I read anyway...can't remember where I saw it though.

It would be really sweet if they would do a remake or at least a game based on Advent Children.

I think there is a game based on the chronicles of Vincent from FFVII for the PS2 though.

Square Enix has not announced a remake yet no. But the FFVII:AC limited edition DVD is going to include 30min of re-animated scenes from FFVII so if they did they already have a start. a lot of people would like if that happened so I'm sure Square Enix has considered it.

586622854[/snapback]

You have to play it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play it now Seriously even if it means buying a PSX or setting up EPSXE

You have to play it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play it now Seriously even if it means buying a PSX or setting up EPSXE

586622918[/snapback]

You're right it is an awesome game. To me Final Fantasy VII had the best storyline, best characters, best game music... Only problem is graphics. If they every did remake it I'd go nuts! Any who anyone that hasn't played I highly agree with hotdog and try it, please try and live with crappy graphics, end videos are nice.

I thought there was talk about making one for the PS3, but it was scrapped because it would take too long to do.  Something along those lines, I think I read anyway...can't remember where I saw it though.

It would be really sweet if they would do a remake or at least a game based on Advent Children.

I think there is a game based on the chronicles of Vincent from FFVII for the PS2 though.

586622903[/snapback]

They only showed a demo of what the intro would look like and people started spreading rumors about it. They never started the project and gave reasons why.

They did the same thing with a FF8 demo of what the dance scene would look like on the PS2.

NO. IT IS NOT BEING REMADE!

They simply don't have the staff to dedicate to such a huge project. I think I read somewhere that they'd need a team of, like, 300 people to remake the game, and that's just not feasible.

wow.. obake, you really must have insiders info on what square can and can't do to say something like that. You should post tidbits of their future projects if you do.

But let us imagine they can, just for a while. They have already invested some time redoing music (for advent children and the piano collection) and have some models made (as seen on the tech demo for the ps3). We also know how they seem to love milking a good franchise, so a 10 year anniversary (1997 for the US release of FFVII) for the greatest game in square history (for most, FFVI don't come after me, I love it too). Just seems like something you can't ignore, just remember its a remake, even with no new content it's guaranteed success. So they might not need to put their current FF development team on it. Just my two cents...

let us keep our fingers crossed.

ok im thinking of just getting iy off of ebay, would it be better to get the pc version or the ps version.

like which one had less problems, was the pc version buggy?

thanks

psx is how it was relased, but pc version has better graphics (marginally) and some added stuff/bugs fixed. Also it's a lot easier to hack on the PC...if you want to, but nothing beats the old timey psx version...waiting for the drive to spin up while the screen freezes to load....ahhh

in summary, if you're nostalgic, get psx, if not, get pc version and all the patches for it (look up "ultima edition")

hmm well, lets think logially for a moment...

-Squaresoft is a goddamned huuuuge company with the cornerstone of the RPG gaming universe - keep that in mind

"IF" they were to remake FF7 I don't think it would be all that hard for them... or even take that much time for the following reasons;

-Character Models are already for the most part made

-Storyline is finished

-Content is done

-All equasions for the battlesystem / loot / exp are done

-Monster database is finished

-Spell/Skill/Ability database is finished

-Layout of all maps / areas / zones are done

All the creative aspects are done, most the math is done, just gotta make it look pretty and run with it... if iD software can make Doom3 out of their basement, i'd say SquareSoft can throw together an FF7 remake in their spairtime. :ninja:

wow.. obake, you really must have insiders info on what square can and can't do to say something like that.  You should post tidbits of their future projects if you do.

But let us imagine they can, just for a while. They have already invested some time redoing music (for advent children and the piano collection) and have some models made (as seen on the tech demo for the ps3).  We also know how they seem to love milking a good franchise, so a 10 year anniversary (1997 for the US release of FFVII) for the greatest game in square history (for most, FFVI don't come after me, I love it too).  Just seems like something you can't ignore, just remember its a remake, even with no new content it's guaranteed success.  So they might not need to put their current FF development team on it.  Just my two cents...

let us keep our fingers crossed.

586626819[/snapback]

EGM already stated that Square-Enix will not be doing a remake for Final Fantasy VII.

Link

As for the time investment, new music was done because it was for the movie, a new project believe it or not. As for the Piano collection, that was released a while ago, way before the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII project was even announced if I remember correctly.

hmm well, lets think logially for a moment...

-Squaresoft is a goddamned huuuuge company with the cornerstone of the RPG gaming universe  - keep that in mind

"IF" they were to remake FF7 I don't think it would be all that hard for them... or even take that much time for the following reasons;

-Storyline is finished

-Content is done

-Monster database is finished

-Spell/Skill/Ability database is finished

All the creative aspects are done, most the math is done, just gotta make it look pretty and run with it... if iD software can make Doom3 out of their basement, i'd say SquareSoft can throw together an FF7 remake in their spairtime. :ninja:

586628293[/snapback]

Recreating the game from scratch isn't as easy as you seem to think it is. The director has already expressed that he would like to redo the game if he has the time, but unfortunately, that probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Link

Sure they may have character models from Advent Children, but a lot more other models will have to be made. Eg. President Shinra, Cait Sith (Moogle body), Shinra Employees, town's people, etc.

-Content is done

What do you mean by content?

True, but new elements may be added within the game that may make this equations useless.

Again, if a remake were to be done, these would become useless since it would run on a new engine. All of the areas would have to be redesigned, remapped, etc.

A majority of the things done on the PS1 version wouldn't be portable to remake simply because it would most likely not be compatible with the new engine the game will be running on, especially if they are trying to make it look like the tech demo showed at E3.

I would really like to see an anniversary edition of the game that would contain updated graphics, sound, and maybe even a mode to make the game harder. They could also include some bonus missions hidden in the game or something like that. I'm sure it would be a great seller! Lots of people would love to see this happen, but I'm not sure that the devs want to spend the time on it.

Maybe in time, we may see things that happened to the older Doom games that got OpenGL, MD2, and better music. But I'm not sure if it could really be hacked like that yet (maybe it has already been done?).