STUPID guy loses on $300 question in Millionaire

(N.B. I tried searching the forum for a duplicate; nothing came up. Please point me to the duplicate if it exists, thanks.)

This is why some English speakers need serious help in basic English grammar. This guy used up three lifelines on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on a simple grammar related question - even with 75% of the audience choosing the RIGHT answer... and he loses.

Watch here, or here

Edited by rm20010

OK it was an easy question but questions are only easy when you know them. And It's even harder answering questions in front of the camera's because of nerves.

Stop slating the poor guy. LOL

OK it was an easy question but questions are only easy when you know them. And It's even harder answering questions in front of the camera's because of nerves.

Stop slating the poor guy. LOL

586652949[/snapback]

poor guy?! he's a complete numpty!

Most of you, including myself, can only imagine the pressure while he was answering that question. Different things may have been going through his head. There are people that will cry because they're so shy and nervous. But then again that is no justification for a question like that. It's basic english grammar for god's sake. :rolleyes:

(N.B. I tried searching the forum for a duplicate; nothing came up. Please point me to the duplicate if it exists, thanks.)

This is why some Americans need serious help in basic English grammar. This guy used up three lifelines on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on a simple grammar related question - even with 75% of the audience choosing the RIGHT answer... and he loses.

Watch here, or here

586652686[/snapback]

pretty sure you didnt need to say anything about the American part.. im sure there are plenty of examples of dumb canadians out there...

I dont think he said all, if you re-read the post youll see he said "This is why some Americans...". Sure maybe he should of said people instead of Americans but it was an American in this case so its fine.

Also, at edbro, want to post a link to your sex organ survey?

This is why some Americans need serious help in basic English grammar.

Why is it that ever since that medical survey came out showing that Canadians have smaller sex organs, why do they feel compelled to always take cheap shots at Americans?

pretty sure you didnt need to say anything about the American part.. im sure there are plenty of examples of dumb canadians out there...

586653092[/snapback]

Yeahhh I was about to say that its pretty dumb in itself to generalize that ALL Americans are the same...

This is why some Americans need serious help in basic English grammar. This guy used up three lifelines on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on a simple grammar related question - even with 75% of the audience choosing the RIGHT answer... and he loses.

Watch here, or here

586652686[/snapback]

This is a little like the people at Neowin! NOT more that 5 people on this site seem to know the difference between the word "your"(The word being primarily one of possession, between the noun in the genitive case and another noun.) and ?you're? (You?re an idiot or you are an idiot- as opposed to this is your hat or these are yours!)

Just an observation&:whistle:istle:

Ok.. anyone adding to the original posters ignorant comments are not helping... I just thought he didnt need to say anything to generalize "americans" because he saw a clip of a guy getting a question wrong... there is no way for any of us to know where he was born, raised.. etc..

Am I the only one that also didn't know the answer to that question  :unsure:

586653028[/snapback]

Nope. I would have guess adjective first off, but then could have worked it out to be verbs if the audience vote didn't tell me without trying.

Active = doing = verb.

passive = not doing = verb.