Questions about UMD emulation on the PSP

1. Are load times faster when loading an image of a game from a Memory Stick versus loading from a UMD version of the game?

2. Does all the reading from the Memory Stick suck up the battery quicker than reading from the UMD? Slower?

3. The emulator offers the option to run the game, or rather, the processor at different speeds. If a game is designed to run at a lower speed (or faster speed) than what the emulator is set to run at, how will this effect the play of the game?

Curious as to whether or not I should consider copying my games from UMD to IMG and running them off of my 1GB Memory Stick. I'm pretty sure load times are faster from IMG, but wasn't sure what kind of toll this would take on the battery.

Thanks!

1. Yes, a lot faster.

2. Not noticeably, but it's supposed to save battery from not having to read from the UMD.

3. Honestly I haven't noticed any differences by running it at the max speed (333Mhz) but people swear it goes faster. You can try it out for yourself and see the results.

You can try it out; it doesn't take that much time/effort/energy to rip a UMD and copy it over.

Hope that helps.

No, the PSP does not accept mini DVDs, it accepts UMDs... Those are a closed format owned by Sony and you will never find burners or blanks for them.

But running things off a memory stick is consistently faster (loadtime wise) and uses a LOT less battery. To illustrate from a personal experience, I took a plane ride recently and played ~4 hours of homebrew from my memory stick one way of the trip (and the battery still had some juice left). On the way back, I played MLB off a UMD for about 2.5 hours before my battery died.

isn't a new battery coming out soon. I have never had a battery problem on a plane (it gets close to dying, but by the time they tell me to turn it off, its all good.

A new battery makes more sense than spending money on a new MS to hold a game. Well before I say that, how much space does an emulated PSP game take on a memory stick?

isn't a new battery coming out soon.  I have never had a battery problem on a plane (it gets close to dying, but by the time they tell me to turn it off, its all good.

A new battery makes more sense than spending money on a new MS to hold a game.  Well before I say that, how much space does an emulated PSP game take on a memory stick?

586685757[/snapback]

Depends on what you take out of the ISO, I can fit RR on a 256 MB Duo, but if I left all the movies and BGM in, it balloons to about 600. It does improve loading times and battery time, accessing the UMD all the time (and depending on what brightness you've got the LCD set to) kills it. When I played the Spiderman 2 UMD at medium brightness, it only lasted a little longer than the movie. Playing games off the UMD, I get about 4-5 hours, but I don't play it non-stop.