Impeaching George Bush

Bush.jpg

10/16/05

Impeaching George Bush

By Ian Mosley

Paleo-conservative columnist Paul Craig Roberts is now taking the lead from the right side of the aisle in demanding the impeachment of President George W. Bush for lying us into a pointless and bloody war in Iraq and other acts of stunning incompetence. Some conservatives by now feel so betrayed by Bush that they are also trying to get an impeachment bandwagon rolling. (One Democrat John Conyers has been pushing for an impeachment for years, but the press has largely ignored him.) Critics point out, correctly, that Bush?s disastrous predecessor, the atrociouBill Clintonb>, was impeached over much less. They claim that Clinton?s cavorting in the Oval Office wMonica Lewinsky at least didn?t get anybody killed. (Actually, that scandal may have caused the war on Serbia as a distraction, but that?s another long story.)

Is impeachment the best solution to the Dubya problem? Not really. In a best case scenario, we could impeach Bush, Cheney and enough people in the line of succession until we get down to someone, who is not part of the neocon cabal. That person would (hopefully) be intimidated enough to pull our troops out of Iraq. At least that would solve one problem, but the political cancer caused by the Israeli dominance of our government along with the corporate vultures of Halliburton would be lurking in the shadows waiting to start yet another war.

If we only impeacDick Cheneyurl] emerges from his Undisclosed Location, steps forward, and assumes in public the power which he has been effectively wielding in private for the past five years. Cheney is sufficiently stubborn and evil to keep the Iraq War going even if Bush is impeached over that. Cheney?s only concern in life is making billions for Halliburton and his old business cronies. While it may be possible to impeach or simultaneously prosecute the entire upper level of the Bush administration, this would be unprecedented and seems a remote possibility. It?s common knowledge that Cheney and Halliburton call the shots from the corporate end of things in Washington just like the neocons and their magazines like Weekly Standard and Front Page call the shots ideologically. Bush is nothing but a drunken sock puppet for whoever?s turn it is that day toGeorge W. BushBush[/url] is in fact a powerless figurehead, who is up there for the purpose of taking the heat for the sinister interests and people who actually hold and exercise power behind the scenes. Bush has no will and no real views of his own. He is notorious for parroting back the views of whomever the last person to speak to him was; this is one reason why he is kept so isolated and only a few carefully selected neocons actually have access to the David DukeDuke[/url] could sit down with George Bush for an hour and talk to him free of interference, Bush would likely come out for White Civil Rights at his next press conference.

Impeaching Bush will not change things because he does not in fact wield the power of the Presidency. Dick Cheney and a small oligarchy of Zionist neocons do. An impeachment would be a nice gesture, and the show trial would create a kind of national forum for the nation to explore just how the hell we got into Iraq, but for that very reason, an impeachment will never be allowed. The Republicans still dominate the House and Senate and the Israeli lobby still exerts enormous control. Israel wants us to occupy Iraq for as long as possible. The fact that we were lied into the war is unlikely to blossom into an impeachment since the lies were created to benefit Israel. Our problem is systemic: it is with the very institutions that govern us and with the corporate super-rich and Zionist ideologues who control those institutions. It is not enough to bring down one man who is nothing but a sock-puppet for the neocons. We need to go for the puppet masters.

Source: Altermedia News U.S.A

http://us.altermedia.info/news-of-interest...-bush_1173.html

This seems very polemical. Don't you know that people here at Neowin are not interested in polemics and arguing and flame wars and all that sort of thing? ;)

lol, everyone's so "Bush is so bad". Now I don't really have a political party, but the guy isn't THAT bad. Sure we've got the war thing, and thats bad. But let's be honest, it wouldn't matter if Bush or Kerry took presidency, everybody would have their reasons to knock them.

The article gives some interesting view points, but trying to remove the entire top layer of political power in a country could cause the country to breakdown into civil unrest (for reference, look at Iraq!).

Not what the US needs right now...

Impeaching Bush will not change things because he does not in fact wield the power of the Presidency.

Well, duh. I wish people would stop blaming the President for EVERYTHING. He DOESN'T have that much power.

plenty of peaple have been calling for this for a long time and just like myself here on neowin it falls on deaf ears the problem is neowin really means neocon most of the mods here openly admit to their neocon views and their support for GWB remember hes been good to the rich they dont want him to ever go.

plenty of peaple have been calling for this for a long time and just like myself here on neowin it falls on deaf ears the problem is neowin really means neocon most of the mods here openly admit to their neocon views and their support for GWB remember hes been good to the rich they dont want him to ever go.

586684347[/snapback]

Heh. You mean like Joel, Fred666, dreamz, Boffa? Those right wing wackos? :rofl:

Tax breaks have been great for me and I am not wealthy. I got breaks for being married, having a child, and owning a home. I never realized those were "wealthy" traits.

If he has done anything illegal then bring on the impeachment hearings, if not... pfft.

As for me, I have renounced my support of the Republican party since they are spending like a bunch or drunken sailors. I sent the Libertarina party $25 and am waiting on my card. I'd rather vote for candidates that never win than keep voting for those that betray their ideals.

^--- Punctuation is your friend.

He'll be gone at the end of his term. Someone else will get elected, and life will move on. Like someone said earlier, there really isn't that much of a point to impeaching him, as the position of the President doens't really have all that much power. Read the Constitution sometime...its a good read.

Heh.  You mean like Joel, Fred666, dreamz, Boffa?  Those right wing wackos?  :rofl:

586684786[/snapback]

Utter snub-ness.

In all seriousness the idea that the mods at Neowin are even generally Neocons is just laughable.

I can only think of three that people might consider conservative (BOOG, Chad, and Armeck) and even they seem to lean a little more toward the center then some.

There will be no impeachment, as apparently the most importing thing happening in the world right now is Athletes and Steroids. Forget the War, Hurricane, Tsunami's, EarthQuakes, etc. There is nothing else that should deter congress from prosecuting all steroid offenders.

/rant

:wacko:

Utter snub-ness.

In all seriousness the idea that the mods at Neowin are even generally Neocons is just laughable.

I can only think of three that people might consider conservative (BOOG, Chad, and Armeck) and even they seem to lean a little more toward the center then some.

Oh get over yourself already. Besides I consider you an independent, free thinker unconstrained by "labels" (do that little "quotey" thing with your fingers when you read that, ok?).

There, did that make up for it? ;)

PS DivADPArADox is also alot more handsome than me

586685729[/snapback]

Why thank you Armeck, you are a god among mortals and I kiss your feet.

Ugh..not the feet...

Lord knows what type of things you stepped in down der in Georgia

1d759c0a.jpg

OH YEAH, I brought out the knobbits. OH YEAH, I went there.

586685836[/snapback]

Funny you'd bring that up since the festival was this weekend. Serously, it was.

586685749[/snapback]

Ugh..not the feet...

Lord knows what type of things you stepped in down der in Georgia

1d759c0a.jpg

OH YEAH, I brought out the knobbits. OH YEAH, I went there.

Funny you'd bring that up since the festival was this weekend.  Serously, it was.

586685839[/snapback]

Not really I've almost made it my avatar atleast five times in the past.

Holy thread hi-jack Batman!

I don't forsee an impeachment as a solution to anything. Until cold hard facts are brought forward instead of political conspiracy theory, there is nothing that will be done. Comparing the Clinton issue to something that is only speculation is lame, and I am not a Bush supporter by any means. I am not happy with a lot of things he has done, but until wrong doing can be proven then hands are tied.

Since we are throwing out conspiracy theory, most can assume that anything threatening to Bush's morale and judgement has probably been classified, sealed, hidden, or adjusted in some way to prevent the general public from finding out this "truth". Take it with a grain of salt. You can't disprove something that hasn't yet been proven.

BTW, Armeck is one GQ mofo :wub:

After reading the article, I checked if I was really reading RWI or A51-H101.

It's too bad its tone is a little bit too biased.

Besides, the Government/Corportions conspiration story is re-cooked.

In any case, what would an impeachment solve?

The vote of the US people for the mid-term elections and the 2008 presidential race might even be quicker ways to change the US policy.

The Republican mafia bosses have informed me that an impeachment will not be necessary. Also for the unenlightened, Dick Cheney is not the real mastermind here - the REAL mastermind is the CEO of Haliburtton. Why do you think Cheney works for him? hmmm? :ninja:

That guy is somewhat naive... Pulling troops out of Iraq would be a disaster, just as the rather not-so-well planned war against Iraq kind of was. I'm amazed at the American outrage at US soldiers dying in Iraq... surely in any war soldiers will die? They chose the job, accepted the risks, give them a break!

I've got to the point where I don't really care what happens in the US any more. In 2050 the two largest economies in the world will be China and India anyway.

impeachment will solve nothing. at best, it will be symbolic, but there are better ways of making a difference. push for real reform, real justice, real activism.

Heh.  You mean like Joel, Fred666, dreamz, Boffa?  Those right wing wackos?  :rofl:

i had no idea i was a neocon. :unsure:

If he has done anything illegal then bring on the impeachment hearings, if not... pfft.

that got me wondering: how responsible can a figurehead be?

As for me, I have renounced my support of the Republican party since they are spending like a bunch or drunken sailors.  I sent the Libertarina party $25 and am waiting on my card.  I'd rather vote for candidates that never win than keep voting for those that betray their ideals.

586684786[/snapback]

not everyone has that insight, or, if they do, the will to break away.

Oh get over yourself already. Besides I consider you an independent, free thinker unconstrained by "labels" (do that little "quotey" thing with your fingers when you read that, ok?).

There, did that make up for it?  ;)

586685729[/snapback]

i guess the rest of us are just sheep. :p

586685749[/snapback]

children, please! let's stay on topic.

:boo: