My sister choked on a piece of meat

OK, so yesterday (Sunday), my family was eating dinner. It was a nice London Broil, some asparegus (spelling?), and some garlic bread. So anyway, all was normal... then suddenly, my sister starts waving both of her hands as if she is hot and is trying to cool off. My mom and dad say, "Are you choking?!" and "Can you breathe?" And of course all this was stupid in the heat of the moment... everyone was panicing. I didn't think anything was wrong at first, I figured my sister had just gotten something caught and was over-reacting about it and would just cough it out. But I quickly realized she really was choking and couldn't breathe. I was still eating dinner at this point... :whistle: and my dad was doing the heimlich. So, as I was sort of watching this dinner theater, I realized my dad wasn't doing the heimlich as we had been shown only 1-2 weeks earlier in health class :D So, I get up and say, "Dad, you're not doing it right. We just learned this in health class." LOL So I did two thrusts and I'm convinced that after the first I successfully dislodged the object enough that my sister could then breathe again. So, even though it wasn't out, we had a better situation than before; at least she could breathe... So they went to the ER and everything is all better. I found some irony in this little story seeing as it happened only days after I learned the heimlich and was tested on it :p

any time she starts bitching at you just tell her you saved her life and to shut up  :p

586686838[/snapback]

YES. :yes:

Love the title of the thread. :laugh:  :p

586686955[/snapback]

Haha, yeah, made me laugh too. Sounds like she's got a place in a certain industry in the future... :ninja: :rofl:

any time she starts bitching at you just tell her you saved her life and to shut up  :p

586686838[/snapback]

LOL

i'd like to use that line to my sister

586686838[/snapback]

:laugh:

During a nursing course I took, we were told never to use the heimlich manovure and often people did it wrong, which resulted in broken ribs etc..

We were taught to have the person bend over forward and just smack the hell outta their backs..lol