Picking Lottery Numbers?

Every time I go do the national lottery I lose, I haven't won anything since it started, bloody annoying.

How do people pick their numbers, is there like a pure random number generator out there which is solid gold?

I'm not greedy, I'd just like better odds at winning it once in a while rather than just giving my money away.

any info, tips, suggestions?

:cry:

4 8 15 16 23 42

you know what i mean

:shifty:

edit start here.

you posted while i was writing... :laugh:

i wonder how many ppl would win if these numbers come out.

Just pick 1,2,3,4,5,6.

The probability of getting that is the same as the chance of getting any other number :p

Also when those numbers do come up, everyone will be kicking themselves

, is there like a pure random number generator out there...

586688702[/snapback]

Yes. It's called a "Lucky Dip"! :sleep:

Most people pick memorable dates such as birthdays, therefore the highest number they can pick will be 31 (unless they reverse them - 14 becomes 41 etc).

If you pick numbers higher than this it won't increase the odds of winning but it will increase the chances of not having to share the winnings...

Which games do you play? Thunderball, Extra, Hotpicks, Wednesday, Saturday, EuroMillions, so many to chose from!

:laugh: You could track how overdue or frequently each number hits. Avoid recent, last drawing numbers ?

You could place slips of paper in a bag with the various number choices on them, and pick randomly or intuitively.

Or you can try a lottery 'System':

http://www.lotterylogics.com/

Luck of the Irish to ya. ;)

there is no sure-fire way to win the lottery, apart from picking the winning numbers. :D

it's like me telling you what your going to eat for lunch two years from now, nobody can predict the future, and add in chaos theory, etc.

your fighting a loosing battle basically.

i've been saving lotto numbers for the past 5 - 6 months and last month i had my cousin program his calculator to bring up some number..

bought a $5 ticket..

no numbers came up.. EXCEPT.. get this, on the fifth line (dollar) we missed every number by ONE!!!! it was worth $50+ million. it was exciting and depressing at the same time.

lottery = tax for the stupid

but i didnt say that :whistle:

586688873[/snapback]

I remember that, it was from the TV sitcom "2 Point Four Children", that was brilliant when it was on, the actor who played the dad died afterwards so they had to cancel it, but it was class!

I especially loved the episode where the Dad's addicted to videogames and ends up 'playing' the microwave, hilarous!

:D

Yes. It's called a "Lucky Dip"!  :blush:

586688951[/snapback]

This is what I used a long while back, and I've stayed with the numbers generated that time. A mate of mine does a new lucky dip each time. :yes:

wait until after the lottery and look at the paper for the winning numbers. say to myself.....DARN, those are the numbers i would have picked if i played. :ermm:

Just pick 1,2,3,4,5,6.

The probability of getting that is the same as the chance of getting any other number :p

586688773[/snapback]

You win.

Don't you think if there was a number generator that gave better odds everyone would be using it? :pinch:

I rarely do it, but if I feel lucky (which doesn't exist, but hey) I always do lucky dip.

I would never pick a set of numbers, imagine how gutted you'd be if you forgot to put them on one week? I'll tell ya, a little bit disappointed.

^^

Exactly the reason I don't keep the same numbers. I buy a ticket every so often.

586694683[/snapback]

I use the same numbers for convenience. I buy a ticket for eight weeks (both Wednesday and Saturday draws). I check here to find out if I've won. Outlook reminds me when it's time to waste more money. ;)

^^

Exactly the reason I don't keep the same numbers. I buy a ticket every so often.

Funny thing is going to happen. Thread starter posts he has one the lottery this week :wacko: