My iPod Video was just delivered!

Congrats! I'm a little miffed at Apple...I ordered my black 30GB 5G iPod at 2PM on the day they were announced (Oct 12) and mine's still in Processing Order phase. I know people who ordered AFTER me who have shipped. Jerks. I want mine!

And yes, post pics!

I still dont like the size of the screen compared to the rest of the player, care to take a picture of the side to show how thin it is?

I can't wait :D I ordered a 60GB black one and a 60GB white one on Sunday, and the White one shipped today.. but the black one is looking delayed for a few more days :(

I've gotten mine already too. Extremely disappointed that many of the movies that I converted using MacTheRipper and Handbrake do not work. Going through converting them again with QuickTime to see if it makes a difference.

EDIT: Nope, QuickTime simply locks up converting them.

Edited by deron dantzler

if you don't have time/money to get the expensive screen covers to prevent scratches, a quick, easy (cheap) fix I've found is this:

Tape. Clear tape. For small devices (like my cell phones and Creative MP3 players that have small screens, I use a couple peice of "invisiable scotch tape" and have a perfect looking screen on both MP3's and my cell phone.

For my brother's iPod he got on Ebay, we took a roll of PACKING tape, and very carefully, put a square on it. He's had NO scratches, and it's just as easy to see the screen as with out, and the good part? Cost about $0.03 for each screen you do.

BUT that's my "Quick and Simple" fix.

Also works well on your signatures. Take your bank or credit card, and put a peice of scotch tape over the signature, and it'll be perfect till you loose it. I've had the same bank card for 10 years, and it has the same signature I put on it in '95 with no smudges.

As for your ipod that is sweet ... can't wait to see pics with your digi cam.

Allan

Here is the Movie Info as shown in QuickTime Pro...

Filename.mp4

Format:

H.264, 320 x 176, Millions

AAC, Stereo (L R), 48.000 kHz

FPS:

Data Size:

347.28 MB

Data Rate: 533.43 kbits/sec

Normal Size: 320 x 176 pixels

Current Size: 320 x 176 pixels

It doesn't load onto the iPod. iTunes says it couldn't be copied because it's uncompatible.

However the technical specs for the iPod say:

H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats

Therefore: What the hell is wrong?