Penny Arcade donates $10,000 in Jack

Penny Arcade donates $10,000 in Jack?s name to charity

Posted Oct 17, 2005, 4:30 PM ET by Ross Miller

Related entries: Culture

Jack Thompson may not be able to keep to his word, but Tycho and Gabe of Penny Arcade have no problem picking up his slack. After Jackie Boy deemed his Modest Proposal as satire and refused to pay the $10,000 he promised after a few games and mods responded, these two video game do-gooders put up $10,000 of their own money to the Entertainment Software Association Foundation (the charity where, Tycho predicts, TakeTwo president Paul Eibeler would have wanted the cash donated).

The best part? They donated the money in his name, which is just a slap in the face at his claims that we as a community who has ?little frontal lobe activity? and promised the money was real in the same comment.

You know Gabe and Tycho are your new heroes.

Update: Jack Thompson sent Tycho and Gabe a little message: ?This story is completely false and defamatory. Take it down or else.? Ironically, we got almost the exact same comment from him earlier today. Thanks, Mike Meunier.

[Thanks to everyone who sent us this tip]

source: http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000627063759

Some people have suggested that it might be time to start ignoring the guy and honestly that?s what we had decided to do. However, that was before he tried to have us arrested. Jack is not scary, if you speak to him for even a couple minutes you realize that. What?s scary is that people in the mainstream media listen to him. I don?t think we can just ignore him anymore.
exactly....95% of the people who don't even know the truth believe anything they heard on TV, and the media is run by untrustworthy executives who only make news just for their ratings.

(Need I mention Fox News and their story about "Did the Middle East quake kill Bin Laden?&qu:angry:angry:

This thing is hotting up, hes aparantly faxed a letter to the police about having them arested wow  :rofl:

586690961[/snapback]

Yeah...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6135979.html

"The moral midgets like the computer geeks at Penny Arcade think that I am some sort of pixelated pi?ata in a game. I'm not. Gabe [the in-comic alter ego of Penny Arcade artist Krahulik] decided to go after me, and he chose the wrong target. I've been at this longer than he has."
Edited by VikingStorm

Haha! Penny Arcade is amazing, and Jack Thompson is just, well, evil? Surely anybody who threatens to arrest people who donate to charity would be considered evil, right?

actually i think all of this rage over jack thompson is as stupid as some of his remarks. this like a schoolyard fight. anyway, he probably has legal grounds to have them arrested, no doubt.

Oh look. One poor SOB trying to patch up the stupid satire he stirred up. Arresting people for donating money in their name - WTF?

Quote from the letter this idiot sent off to the police department:

A Seattle business by the name of Penny Arcade, whose phone number is [blanked out], employs certain personnel who have decided to commence and orchestrate criminal harassment of me by various means.

Criminal harassment? All PA did was just publicly show on the site how he is harassing online communities with his garbage. Who started this entire fight in the first place? Ok then.

I look forward to working with your fine Police Department to shut this little extortion factory down and/or arrest some of its employees.

Huhh. I hope that police department keeps a shredder handy for stuff like this. :sleep:

Jack Thompson sure does make a lot of headlines these days.

586692149[/snapback]

If only he learned to shut the f*** up after one whole month of silence, these threads about him in BPN wouldn't be there.

actually i think all of this rage over jack thompson is as stupid as some of his remarks. this like a schoolyard fight. anyway, he probably has legal grounds to have them arrested, no doubt.

586692360[/snapback]

Ah. The American legal system at its finest. Finding a load of bulls*** excuses to arrest two people over donating money in his name which he originally LIED to everyone about it. As long as he can convince the police department of this BS, he's right, whether common law says so or not.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

i one hundred percent agree with rm, this ish would get thrown out of court so quickly in canada, the judge would probabaly laugh at him in court

i one hundred percent agree with rm, this ish would get thrown out of court so quickly in canada, the judge would probabaly laugh at him in court

586692795[/snapback]

I wish the US had a sane legal system like that. You also don't see as many lawsuits in the UK either. I guess they have a decent system in place as well.

^ like the incident where the burgler fell through the skylight and sued the house's owners that he was breaking into and won... only in america, any other country that wouldn't even make it to court

^ like the incident where the burgler fell through the skylight and sued the house's owners that he was breaking into and won... only in america, any other country that wouldn't even make it to court

586693023[/snapback]

family goes on holiday, guy breaks in, jumps off their back fence, into 20CM of water in the creek behind their house, snaps his neck and spinal cord.

he sues claiming they were negligent in allowing him to get hurt, he wins, gets $20,000 or so.

the above statement is basically what happened a few years back. :no: