Half Life 2: Lost Coast RELEASED!

Just restarted Steam, it did a short update and now it's not logging in. :crazy:

edit - It's logged in, and Lost Coast is available. Woot. :laugh:

edit2 - But it's given me a warning for my FX5200. Upgrade time. :unsure:

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast is now available for play for all Half-Life 2 owners.

Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, a single-player level custom-created to showcase High-Dynamic Range lighting (HDR) in the Source engine, is available now to all owners of HL2. As a technology showcase, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast's system requirements are very high. During installation, Steam will prompt you if your system does not meet the recommended configuration. We hope you enjoy it.

Source: http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=472

sweeeet tried it! it's pretty good, except i get about 9 fps on my computer :(

HDR effect is neat :D

586733997[/snapback]

9 fps?! Yikes...time to get more graphics hamsters to increase that :yes:

Well mine's all downloaded but it's a shame that it reports that the game is currently unavailable when I try to run it :)

Edit: Ok, nothing a quick restart of Steam couldn't fix.

^^^ Holy crap, what GFX card do you use? Damn, my 9600 aint gunna cut it. I can play css and hl2 with all options on High at 1028x786 and that works like a charm, fps never dropping below 60. Before I had a 9200SE PCI, and I could play css at 10 fps average. Looks like old memories return ;'-(

^^^ Holy crap, what GFX card do you use? Damn, my 9600 aint gunna cut it. I can play css and hl2 with all options on High at 1028x786 and that works like a charm, fps never dropping below 60. Before I had a 9200SE PCI, and I could play css at 10 fps average. Looks like old memories return ;'-(

586734100[/snapback]

I'm using a GF 7800 GTX, just the one though, no SLi for me ;)

wow, so weird... i just launed Steam an hour ago to see if it was there... it wasnt. i come back to Neowin, see this thread and voila it's there. crazy. 1 min until i play :p