Nvidia Forceware 81.95 WHQL For Windows 2000/XP

Release Highlights:

* WHQL Certified

* Adds support for GeForce 7800 GTX 512 and GeForce 6800 GS

* Improved performance for Quake 4

* Improved performance and compatibility for Call of Duty 2

* Mixed vendor support for NVIDIA SLI.

* TV-Out/HD-out support for NVIDIA SLI.

* Added support for VSync on Direct3D games when running NVIDIA SLI.

* Performance enhancements for dual-core CPUs.

* PureVideo high definition MPEG-2 de-interlacing support.

* Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV.

* Microsoft? DirectX? 9.0c and OpenGL? 2.0 support

* For a full list of fixed and known issues please view the Release Notes.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_81.95.html

When will nVidia get on the ball and release new XP MCE drivers simultaneously with other OS driver releases? I've got a 7800GTX and an x850 XT PE and, while the 7800GTX is undeniably the better card, I've got the 7800GTX in my secondary system because those asshats over at nVidia haven't updated XP MCE drivers since September. Meanwhile, every month, ATI releases new Catalyst drivers for XP/2K & XP MCE simultaneously. ARGH!!! :crazy:

Has anyone tried Need For Speed Most Wanted with a GeForce FX 5700U or any other GeForce FX cards? I saw in the release notes in the past few versions that there are rendering problems listed in the release notes for that game. I am using the 71.89 drivers now and image quality seems alright, but I think the drivers are really slow with NFS MW.

Does anybody know what the "Usability enhancements when connecting to an HDTV" are?

586843616[/snapback]

To answer my own question, the HDTV options have been moved around a tiny bit, the only notable improvement is that Overscan Compensation has been made much more intuitive and powerful. Instead of one slider to uniformly control H and V overscan, it now loads up a full screen picture with big white borders, with one vertical stretch slider and one horizontal stretch slider to help you tweak overscan compensation more precicely. Quite useful really.