Another Xbox 360 Crashing

Jsgongwon, one of our forum members, reported that his newly bought Xbox 360 keeps crashing while playing Project Gotham Racing 3 in single player mode.

He's playing with the default settings, and apparently his Xbox crashes even before the end of the first lap. Crashes on Xbox Live and on startup occur too. He included screenshots of the crashed Xbox 360 (see below - more pictures on flickr.com) and a video of the crash here(9MB) (mirror: here(2MB XviD))

A quick look on our forums (more and more) seems to indicate he's not the only one. Several of our members seems to get crashing 360s. It doesn't seem to be related to a specific game, as we get reports of the Xbox 360 crashing with several games. And it's not all the same Error-number either (E79, E74, E64, real crashes, ...).

I quickly checked over at TeamXbox and they also have a large thread and poll about defective Xbox 360s.

It's a bit early to guess what's exactly going on here (software, hardware, heat problem, 'user errors', ...) or how big the issue really is. We'll report back when we have more. If you have issues with your Xbox 360 too, report it!

Source: Xbox-Scene.net

pgr3crashing7qj.th.jpg

i would be ****ed especially since the damn thing is 400 dollars

586843597[/snapback]

who wouldnt be but would u be just as ****ed if ur videocard or ur cpu burnt out? people put too much pressure on xbox and microsoft and hope for them to fail.

Thats why I never jump on purchasing a new product...until its been out a while and the price will drop....guess when you have no patience....you become our Beta Testers...LOL

586843620[/snapback]

hehehe.. yep.. but i'm buying mine next week, cant say no to $250 for the premium :ninja:

that's a real shame. I hope Microsoft figures out the problem and rectifies it soon! Mine has run absolutely flawlessly through several multi-hour sessions. It's only been powered off for about 1hr the entire 33 hours I've had it. I've not experienced anything bad thus far. I feel for those who had to get a trash console when (for most) they had to wait forever in line or w/e to get it!

He probably has it sitting on some carpet next to a heating vent. :rolleyes:

Same thing as those tards with their xboxes catching fire. I got my Xbox on day 1 back in 2001 and its been on almost not stop since...never had a problem.

My 360 (when i get one) will NEVER over heat...damn apartment is too cold (at least now...summer will be different though).

can anyone say that Microsoft made a mess of this one too......LOL

586843692[/snapback]

How did they make a mess of it?

I've had plenty of faulty hardware that I've had to send back. I just sent back my second Leadtek 6800gt. There are always going to be faulty hardware but it doesn't mean that all of it is bad.

Dude that svcks, but mine played out of the box no prob.

Is PGR 3 frekin hard or is it just me? I bought the Jaguar, and I cant even get on third place in the first race. Is there something wrong I am doing?

already know all the error codes?

586843686[/snapback]

I have access to the Xbox support services database. :ninja: ;) :whistle:

He probably has it sitting on some carpet next to a heating vent.? :rolleyes::

Same thing as those tards with their xboxes catching fire.? I got my Xbox on day 1 back in 2001 and its been on almost not stop since...never had a problem.

My 360 (when i get one) will NEVER over heat...damn apartment is too cold (at least now...summer will be different though).

586843687[/snapback]

that is correct, last week I got a PS2 Slim (75001 aka v14) and 2 days later I went out to buy the vertical stand cuz it was starting to overheat. it has good ventilation and everything but the problem is that is has direct contact with a wooden surface and I dont want it to have any problem with it:):)

can anyone say that Microsoft made a mess of this one too......LOL

586843692[/snapback]

ok... so, you rather spent a few hours explaining tech support on phone the problem you're having with your console cuz it doen't tell you what problem it has or you rather call tech support and tell the guy "ok, the error code is E79" or whatever and you start gettings answers right way?:devil:l::rolleyes:s:

How did they make a mess of it?

I've had plenty of faulty hardware that I've had to send back.  I just sent back my second Leadtek 6800gt.  There are always going to be faulty hardware but it doesn't mean that all of it is bad.

586843716[/snapback]

i have windowsXP SP2 and so far have recieved 25 updates. that is what i call a mess. so it is no wonder that the xbox is already having problems.

God i hate whiners. If you don't like Microsoft's stuff, don't use any of it and **** off. :angry:

WAAAA my Windows has updates!!! WAAAAAA How is Microsoft any different from any other company?!?!?!

:rolleyes:

Patches are inevitable.

Same thing as those tards with their xboxes catching fire. I got my Xbox on day 1 back in 2001 and its been on almost not stop since...never had a problem.

Pull the plug from your xbox and see if it's sticky or any signs of being heated. If it's not then you're full of it or you don't play it as much as you say you do. My nephew has an original that sits on a table with plenty of circulation and his was about to go until I ordered the replacement cord. You can't blame that issue on the person who owns the system. The fault lies on the power supply of the xbox.

How cold a room is has nothing to do with the inside of the system. It's going to heat up no matter what. Having a very cold room actually causes moisture to build up which would cause issues down the line. There's a reason they have temperatures of what the area the systems in should be in the manuals.

i have windowsXP SP2 and so far have recieved 25 updates. that is what i call a mess. so it is no wonder that the xbox is already having problems.

586843739[/snapback]

ohhh yeah, right right... now that I remember we're working hard on "Xbox 360 SP1" with some security fixes to block some DOS attacks on your game console and the latest drivers from ATI for the GPU... :blink: :wacko: :rolleyes:

we're so lazy... :sleep: :shifty: :whistle:

God i hate whiners.  If you don't like Microsoft's stuff, don't use any of it and **** off. :angry:

WAAAA my Windows has updates!!!  WAAAAAA  How is Microsoft any different from any other company?!?!?!

Patches are inevitable.

586843760[/snapback]

But if there were no updates it would be

'WAAAAAAAA' they just release software and don't care, they just want money, miscrosoft suck etc, etc.

One guy has a problem with his 360 and microsoft is a bad company?

They are produce thousands of units, how you can you expect each and every one to be flawless?

It's a good job noone cares about what you whiners think.

How cold a room is has nothing to do with the inside of the system. It's going to heat up no matter what. Having a very cold room actually causes moisture to build up which would cause issues down the line. There's a reason they have temperatures of what the area the systems in should be in the manuals.

586843761[/snapback]

Uh...last time i checked....there is AIR flowing through the Xbox. Therefore, a cooler ambient temperature (ie cooler air) will directly affect the operating temperature of the Xbox.

Also, when I said that it was cold in my apartment, I did NOT mean it's "see your breath cold". It's about 17C in my apartment (which to me is cold for a room temp).

When are you people going to realize that the first generation of any console is almost always plagued with problems like this. This is more apparent with first to market systems, which (in spite of the suggested lead time for the 360) is greatly reduced. The original Xbox and original PlayStation 2 were full of crap, like damaging discs, overheating, not running certain DVDs, general crashing, and all around not goodness. Later revisions of both consoles fixed the problems. For a good chunk of people, however, they were stuck with their first run system they bought on opening day.

As for the new slimline PS2 and overheating - they knew it was going to happen. Don't put it on a carpet. They improved the system so much that it didn't require fans anymore. Problem is, when there are no fans and poor airflow (carpets) it may overheat. I have the Slimline. It's resting on top of my digital cable box. They both produce heat and I have not had a problem with either because they are not on the carpet and there is relatively good airflow.

586843739[/snapback]

Dude, you are comparing apples and oranges. Yes Microsoft makes the Xbox but there are totaly different developing teams working on the Gaming Console. Nothing is perfect thus you will find hardware that hasn't been assembled properly, its the marginof error that matters.

i can see a 3rd party coming out with a laptop style cooler for the x360. this might help resolve this over heating problem.

even if ms dont prove it so one isnt made for the x360, you could allways use a cooler for a laptop anyway. it uses the sub ports to get its power

iam suprised that no one has tryed this yet.