Neowin Community Game Awards Voting

Voting time has now arrived. We decided to usurp our original decision to eliminate any categories with less than 5 nominees. Also, please choose the "None of the above / No Vote" option is you have no experience playing any of this year's games in any of the given categories.

Thank you to blackice912 for setting up and hosting the vote system. You simply need to log in with your Neowin information. We use the external log in system to verify accounts, so it's all safe and secure.

Some people have continually mentioned how some games appear in both the best and worst category. Please remember that all nominees were given by you, the members. Obviously, people have different opinions and will nominate as such. I understand it's a little uncommon, but we don't really care about fitting into a vanilla voting mold that people expect to see.

You can vote by visiting:

http://www.thecgas.com/

Addition by blackice912:

Attention Opera Users:

I have been notified about an issue that is causing the page to operate incorrectly in Opera.

I advise all Opera users not to vote for 24 hours until I can get home and fix this issue. If you don't mind trying to read the text that is over the images, then feel free to vote.

Edited by blackice912

Nice system you've got going there bangbang, voted! :)

Thank you but that comment should be directed at blackice instead. I get things organized and I'll be doing most of the writing (like the news post front page), but he did ALL the coding work and graphics on the poll system. The man has busted his ass for this and deserves a lot of the credit for making this possible. We both learned a lot last year and I hope to make this even better this time around.

Attention Opera Users:

I have been notified about an issue that is causing the page to operate incorrectly in Opera.

I advise all Opera users not to vote for 24 hours until I can get home and fix this issue. If you don't mind trying to read the text that is over the images, then feel free to vote.

I would change the mention of Trackmania to Trackmania: Sunrise. I know sunrise came out this year, though the original did not. That is under Racing games.

Under the listing of "Best (mmo)RPG", I see EVE Online. I am almost positive that this game was not released this year, and a quick google check would confirm that.

also: under Best Fighting Game, you may want to change the "None of the above / No Vote" to be below "Dragonball Z Budokai: Tenkiachi".

another one: for "Best Console Game", "Need For Speed : Underground 2" is listed, though all version of that came out last year, except for the DS version.

Edited by cowwithoutbrain

just finished voting

made a mental note to myself to make sure i go to EB tomorrow to pick up my copy of the Bible Game

@nouhad

i think it's only games that were released this year.

if i'm wrong, i have no idea how Guild Wars could be on that list and WoW not be on that list

Voted but man, what a horrible list.

You actually had 50 cent: Bulletproof even as an option as one of the best games of 2005? Come on now. Shadow of the Colossus wasnt even ON that list, neither was Guitar Hero, Soul Calibur III, Ratchet: Deadlocked, and a billion other titles that just completely destroy 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

And since when was Jade Empire a MMORPG??? what in the world is that about.

SOOOO many other games besides just some PC titles had great sound. Namely Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon Quest VIII ( where in the HELL is that game on the RPG list anyway??? ), Burnout: Revenge, etc.

Should add more categories, like best soundtrack in a game. Best storyline in a game, best pure RPG, etc.

You actually had 50 cent: Bulletproof even as an option as one of the best games of 2005? Come on now. Shadow of the Colossus wasnt even ON that list, neither was Guitar Hero, Soul Calibur III, Ratchet: Deadlocked, and a billion other titles that just completely destroy 50 Cent: Bulletproof.

SOOOO many other games besides just some PC titles had great sound. Namely Shadow of the Colossus, Dragon Quest VIII ( where in the HELL is that game on the RPG list anyway??? ), Burnout: Revenge, etc.

Should add more categories, like best soundtrack in a game. Best storyline in a game, best pure RPG, etc.

You guys aren't understanding: You have had the past two weeks to suggest and nominate! Complaining and moaning about it now is a little late.

I do thank you for pointing out the obvious issues such as Jade Empire (we were a bit rushed this year and did everything but double-check the games to verify members nominated them for the right categories).

I would change the mention of Trackmania to Trackmania: Sunrise. I know sunrise came out this year, though the original did not. That is under Racing games.

Under the listing of "Best (mmo)RPG", I see EVE Online. I am almost positive that this game was not released this year, and a quick google check would confirm that.

also: under Best Fighting Game, you may want to change the "None of the above / No Vote" to be below "Dragonball Z Budokai: Tenkiachi".

another one: for "Best Console Game", "Need For Speed : Underground 2" is listed, though all version of that came out last year, except for the DS version.

Thank you, I have corrected the issues.

just finished voting

made a mental note to myself to make sure i go to EB tomorrow to pick up my copy of the Bible Game

@nouhad

i think it's only games that were released this year.

if i'm wrong, i have no idea how Guild Wars could be on that list and WoW not be on that list

Maybe because of the launch date (Nov.2004) of the World of Warcraft, but still, it is my all time favorite.

nice bang bang :) but where on earth is WoW on that MMORPG list ?

WoW came out last year and easily won the category in last year's awards.

It must be easier to complain than it is to nominate.

i voted... but most were passes, coz you missed some major games out, for example, you missed off World of Warcraft, one of the, if not THE biggest MMORPG which was released this year for europe users, and other countrys... not last year like the US

you had in C&C from last year/the year before, but you didnt have dawn of war from this year...

ect