XFX 6800GS...Xtreme Overclocker!

(ALL RESULTS AIR COOLED)

UPDATED: 12/16/2005

XFX 6800GS vmodded 670/1400 (stock 485/1100)

img56855oa.th.jpg

img56862ah.th.jpg

SINGLE-CARD scores:

3DMark03 - 17,186 pts

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=4476585

3dmark03171869yj.th.jpg

3DMark05 - 7,970 pts

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=1566127

3dmark0579706qg.th.jpg

This card really blew me away and far exceeded my expectations! It's pretty much the fastest 12 pipe card available without a doubt beating a stock 7800GTX!

More overclocking on the way...

Stay tuned..........

Edited by coolmonk

that 3GHz chip has got to help that score... thats an incredible score(s) i must say... did you get 600/1400 on air?

Thanks. I'm sure the CPU helps a little but the score won't vary much even if I use a Venice at 2.7Ghz.

As stated previously, all results are air cooled. 600/1400 is achieved on air with a little vmod (I'll post pics later today when I get off work).

That score is higher than my 7800GT. :cry: Damn I want a better CPU. :pinch:

What CPU do you have? What is it running at? I want to lower mine and do a comparison run.

What CPU do you have? What is it running at? I want to lower mine and do a comparison run.

I've got a 3200+ Venice. It was running at 2ghz when I was running 3DMark05. I got 7100ish. I've got it clocked at 2.4ghz now but I don't have 3DMark installed anymore.

[edit] But my memory is also pretty crappy, altough that shouldn't effect the score to much.

I've got a 3200+ Venice. It was running at 2ghz when I was running 3DMark05. I got 7100ish. I've got it clocked at 2.4ghz now but I don't have 3DMark installed anymore.

[edit] But my memory is also pretty crappy, altough that shouldn't effect the score to much.

Hey Danny! Where do you live in Croatia?

Memory timing can matter a lot, do you havea dual chanel RAM?

Venice is a nice core and can do quite the ocing you just need to UP the Core voltage.

BOG !

Hey Coolmonk, Nice OCing on the GPU!!!

Hey I just ordered mine athlon 64 3700, DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D, Evga 7800 GT CO 470/1100

I heard that the 3700 OCs quite a lot with air cooling. I Cant wait to get the system in, I'll post some results here.

DFI has a nice mobo too, any tips on OCing with this mobo?

WHat kind of cooler do you have for the CPU?

I got the Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu I think I should be able to get at least 2.7GHz.

Cheers!

ah, i knew there had to be the voltage tweaking in there to achieve those results... just incredible. how hard was the modding? ive never done anything like it before.

Hey Danny! Where do you live in Croatia?

Memory timing can matter a lot, do you havea dual chanel RAM?

Venice is a nice core and can do quite the ocing you just need to UP the Core voltage.

BOG !

Hey Coolmonk, Nice OCing on the GPU!!!

Hey I just ordered mine athlon 64 3700, DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D, Evga 7800 GT CO 470/1100

I heard that the 3700 OCs quite a lot with air cooling. I Cant wait to get the system in, I'll post some results here.

I got the Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu I think I should be able to get at least 2.7GHz.

Cheers!

I live in Rijeka. Bog = God.. :rofl: Bok = bye.. :p

I'm not sure about the memory timings, but they are not good. I have put everything down a lot because I've had freezing issues with certain games. One stick of the memory is probably not working to good (failed on memtest) but I can't afford a new one now.

And yeah my Venice goes up to 2.5ghz but it's not stable because of the memory so I'm keeping it down at 2 for the time beeing.

The 3700+ OCs pretty decent on air...usually 2.7-2.9Ghz depending on stepping of cpu. As far as OCing on the DFI mobo, you really have familiarize yourself with it. There are just too many settings and options for me to explain. Your settings will vary depending on your memory.

I'm using a lapped Thermalright XP-120 w/ high cfm fan. The Zalman won't be good enough if you want the best overclock on air. I recommend Thermaltake's Big Typhoon!!

ah, i knew there had to be the voltage tweaking in there to achieve those results... just incredible. how hard was the modding? ive never done anything like it before.

The modding is tough if you don't understand circuits/soldering/resistors. There are guides online if u need help.

The 3700+ OCs pretty decent on air...usually 2.7-2.9Ghz depending on stepping of cpu. As far as OCing on the DFI mobo, you really have familiarize yourself with it. There are just too many settings and options for me to explain. Your settings will vary depending on your memory.

I'm using a lapped Thermalright XP-120 w/ high cfm fan. The Zalman won't be good enough if you want the best overclock on air. I recommend Thermaltake's Big Typhoon!!

The modding is tough if you don't understand circuits/soldering/resistors. There are guides online if u need help.

Yeah I know, I'll play with the mobo once I get it. I am getting the 2x 512 MB of Corsair twinx C2PT. So I think I'll get pretty good timing.

One factor for me was the noise factor. So that is why I got the Zalman Heatsink/Fan. My old rig was like a freakin jet engine, I had two delta fans runing at 38Dba. I think Zalman's solution is still better than stock cooling, and I saw guys at Bleedingedge.com Reaching 2.700GHz with stock heatsink and fan, so I should be able to reach that no sweat ....