Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 build 5291

Images of the much anticipated IE7 Beta 2 have recently surfaced, it is not yet known from where the screen shots originated from but these images are believed to be real.

We believe that with these images breaking out into the wild suggests that we may be in for a treat quite soon.

Microsoft also suggests that this is the latest build number here, which is also the same build number shown in the screens.

beta2build529110yy2ki.th.jpg beta2build529124bv0ds.th.jpg beta2build529132nn9me.th.jpg

Source:

http://forum.fluxiontech.com/index.php?showtopic=381

http://www.jcxp.net/news.php?newsid=1070

Edited by theavidgeek

Wasn't Beta 1 a 256bit Cypher?

I could be wrong but thought it was?

Why would it be fake?

It looks pretty much like the Vista version in 5270 with a few changes. It's not done yet, but I think they're moving in the right direction with it.

^ There is a google option in b1.

^^ That site may be true but the screenshot technically could be fake. I don't know what to say, but I can wait either way. Did anyone else notice that the copyright for microsoft is 05 and not 06?

Did anyone notice the 2ed screenshot, how you can swap the MSN search for a different one. Notice that there is NO Google option ;)

That's because it's a beta. Do you really think they'd have a list with only one option?

They've said before that anyone who supports OpenSearch 1.1 can work with IE7.

I think its fake, because Beta 1 WAS 256bit encryption, and MS wouldn't drop it b ack to 128bit. That'd be tantrmount to a death request.

You guys do realize it's not running in Vista, so that "256bit encryption" doesn't hold.

not to mention, the style kinda ruins the point of the screenshots.

Personally with screen-shots, I want to see what's changed in menus, dialogs and so on so I know what I will be working with .

Screens like these, we've seen enough of, there may, or may not be many changes.

My mistake - it was 128bit. I've run so much Beta Software on here lately, I forgot what is what *LOL*

Edited by Allan

I'm running Beta 1 on XP Home SP2 and it's only 128bit encryption...

And it's looking pretty messy in those screenshots if they are real, although I do believe that they aren't actually fake.

I do not think it is fake, it looks pretty consistant with the latest builds.

Also notice how the icons are all Vista-ized. I recall seeing icons left over from XP in the last IE 7 beta screenshot.