would u use this ?

Question

operaband3lh.png

this is a text box on the taskbar like the google desktop search..... only this outputs a command line argument to opera, say for example, i type in "g windows vista" and press [enter] it opens up opera, with a google search page searching "windows vista".

u can edit your opera search.ini to add more searches, i have, google(g), msn(msn), google::lucky(lucky), wikipedia(wiki), torrents(torrent), desktop search(desk) [uses google desktop search], so if i want to search my desktop i type "desk <query>" and opera opens up with the search results of google desktop search. if type in a website like "www.neowin.net" it opens opera with www.neowin.net

this not a feature of my program, its that of opera, what my program does is add the functionlaity to the taskbar. so why limit yourself only to google desktop search with the google bar, do anything with this and opera.

theres this program called Opsed which helps u add search engines to opera's search.ini.

i have even added keywords like "usual", if type "usual" and hit enter, it goes to my usual pages... 3or4 of my most frequent.

this is in a very prelimnary state, i just got it to work on my computer, if other people are intrested to use this, i could try and make a release version.

i have to say its pretty useful.

5 answers to this question