Microsoft Scraps Traditional Vista Betas

^ exactly what i was thinking, the article mentions 'enthusiast communities' as well as beta testers, which implys to me atleast that they will be expanding the audience for the previews, however i am not sure

There will be a Beta 2, for those of you who actually took the time to read the chat at WinSuperSite. And it'll be public.

Edited by andytek

Way too much information released lately has contradicted things said previously. I think the only way we'll know for sure what Microsoft will do is to wait it out and see what actually happens. After all, we all know how good Microsoft is at keeping promises, especially when it comes to release dates and new features. :rolleyes:

Way too much information released lately has contradicted things said previously. I think the only way we'll know for sure what Microsoft will do is to wait it out and see what actually happens. After all, we all know how good Microsoft is at keeping promises, especially when it comes to release dates and new features. :rolleyes:

I'd say Allchin is a pretty good source. And much of the previous info was speculation and rumor (like all SKU bits on the same DVD).

Did I read 2007? I though it was late 2006. Ahh whatever ill switch to some other os...

I think that's for Longhorn Server.

On [Windows Server] 'Longhorn,' Microsoft also is planning to issue a number of regular CTP builds as the product wends its way through the testing process until it is released to manufacturing in 2007, Allchin said.

April is when the community preview version ships. In the news post:

Allchin reveals to Thurrott that Microsoft will be cutting back on the idea of 'Virtual Folders', and that the planned April CTP could be thought of as the major public preview.