Require assistance with design update

I am looking for someone who is able to help me complete a design update (based on Neowin 5).

That person must be skilled in HTML and have some knowledge of XHTML validation, Javascripting and CSS. The design would also need to be ported to Invision Board template system, so knowledge there is also required.

No time waster please, we have a set deadline and I need this person to be available for the coming 2 months.

Most importantly, you must WANT to do this it will advance Neowin and break us from our 5 year design lock that we have now. So to cap it off. If you meet the following requirements:

HTML (skilled)

XHTML Validation

Javascripting

PHP (some knowledge)

Graphics

Can be available for the next 2 months for a couple of hours a day

If the deadline is met, there will be a monetary reward of an undisclosed sum (no it won't be four figures)

post-2-1139135635_thumb.jpg

Neowin design SHIFT (based on Neowin5) frontpage status.

Contact me on PM, no time wasters please.

Sounds neat. I would be more than happy to help, but my creative skills are sadly lacking and I have no experience with graphics. Though, if you're looking for someone advanced in PHP knowledge, I'd be happy to help.

Hope the person who signs on is talented to realize that nice design (Y) Three figures is pretty average for a project of this size, so I hope that this person wants to help Neowin out as well.

We need someone who will be able to help code the new side-menu system. I want to be able to hide specific menu items and have the site remember which menu items are opened and closed. The options need to go in a pop-up assistant for the updated My Neowin menu (and portal links).

Well, I'd be glad to help out, however I do have my finals coming up next week and several other activities which are going to require a lot of time as well...

I'm skilled with HTML, validate everything as XHTML transitional at least (I try to do strict :p). I'm decent at graphics and know a couple of things of both java and php - so I guess I'm not a #1 candidate anyhow... I do like working templates for forums though and have some experience with invision's system...

It sucks I don't meet all the requirements :p

If you can get someone to help with the PHP, I have the other requirements. I'm an ASP and ASP.NET man. Graphics, HTML, CSS and XHTML I'm good in but the PHP would be a problem.

Oh well - best of luck with whoever has the skills!

I'm very good at (X)HTML, and I work with XML alot. I also do a bit of php, and can learn what I don't know. I mainly work in .NET now. But unfortunately like everyone else here I have practically no graphics skills :( beyond pure CSS designs.

"based on neowin5"?

Was neowin5 ever released?

:s

where's that preview screenshot of Neowin 5? (shoud me here but them links are dead...) Does anyone have a link?

and what does this "based on neowin5" mean? I loved that preview, don't know what to think about the new screenshot at the top of this topic...

Why try and pursuade some of the top graphic gurus on the forums to help, you know, the guys who make the top wallpapers and visual styles?

Amazingly talented guys like Gant and KoL.

Why try and pursuade some of the top graphic gurus on the forums to help, you know, the guys who make the top wallpapers and visual styles?

Amazingly talented guys like Gant and KoL.

As far as I'm aware, it's not really the graphics that are the problem. Flish nailed the design pretty well, but it's the coding that they're really needing help with.

So is SHIFT replacing Finity? Or is it a light theme?

I still like the shift idea.

And I would love to help, however, I really doubt I'm up to the skill level required.

Edited by simon360

i would LOVE to do this, but i lack 1 of the skills.

HTML : i know HTML like the back of my hand. And have been coding HTML for more then 4 years.

XHTML Validation : Sorry, i don't know xhtml. :(

Javascripting : I know how to implement, and modify javascript. I don't have much experience in writting fresh javascript. but i have background knowledge of how it works.

PHP : I'm freaken awesome with PHP. it's my new choice of web design. I have examples, my website, and a major CMS project i have been coding.

Graphics : I love photoshop, and my skills are pretty good with photoshop. Im currently using Photoshop CS2.

I dont know if your looking for all those things.. but i lack in xhtml.

I would also like to help. I am currently working at a local web design company. I have these skills:

- HTML, XHTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL, ASP, RSS, JavaScript (Can modify and done collapsible menus before), ASP.net (VB), MSSQL

- All my new websites are designed in XHTML 1.0 Transitional or XHTML 1.0 Strict Valid

- PHP i'm not bad; wrote my own CMS, news scripts and some of my websites are DB and PHP powered.

- Graphics i'm not too bad I have photoshop and use it at work most the time

php/javascript - lol I wish, just started learning both very recently.

(x)html and css I have about 7 years knowledge, and graphics well wihout blowing my own trumpet too much I'm great at that too - phpBB templating system Ive played around with loads but no other premade things. Though they cant be veyr difficult to learn.

I had some spare time so i had a bash at a menu system (mainly to see if I could make it cross-browser). Check it out: here. It's a bit buggy but the basic functionality is there. It remembers what panes were open when you last viewed it and opens them when you next visit the page.

I can't wait till the new design is launched! :D

I had some spare time so i had a bash at a menu system (mainly to see if I could make it cross-browser). Check it out: here. It's a bit buggy but the basic functionality is there. It remembers what panes were open when you last viewed it and opens them when you next visit the page.

I can't wait till the new design is launched! :D

looks good :yes:

but i think he meant that the preferences are saved in a database when you change them, hence the required php knowlegde, so you can have the tabs you want open wherever you are around the globe :)

EDIT: works in IE7 btw

Edited by NielsJanssen

looks good :yes:

but i think he meant that the preferences are saved in a database when you change them, hence the required php knowlegde, so you can have the tabs you want open wherever you are around the globe :)

EDIT: works in IE7 btw

Yeah, i'd thought about doing that in AJAX but its a lot of extra leg-work for the same output as the cookie method. Relieves the strain on the server imo...